The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

TN: Unusual Argentine Pinkie

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Bill Spohn

Rank

He put the 'bar' in 'barrister'

Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:31 pm

Vancouver BC

TN: Unusual Argentine Pinkie

by Bill Spohn » Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:08 pm

2019 Bodega y Viñedos Nicolas Catena La Marchigiana Criolla - Argentine wine made from traditional varietal in a traditional way - fermented on skins in clay pots for 250 days+. I'd call this a light red wine rather than a rosé, and it has some interesting herbal and red fruit notes, and has a crisp clean finish. I drank it straight out of the cellar, which at 13 C. (55 F.) which was perfect and as it warmed in the glass I noted some interesting citrus and spice elements. An unusual wine that I recommend trying of you come across it.

criolla.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Re: TN: Unusual Argentine Pinkie

by Jenise » Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:13 pm

Cool! I've seen that label. Can't recall if it was in an article or someone actually brought one to a group tasting. I'm thinking, though, the wine talked about was a chardonnay. Must go check CT to see if they're doing more grapes under that label.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

David M. Bueker

Rank

Riesling Guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:52 am

Connecticut

Re: TN: Unusual Argentine Pinkie

by David M. Bueker » Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:51 pm

That label has a real “look at these happy people working for subsistence wages” vibe to it.
Decisions are made by those who show up