The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: OuterBound PinotNoir '19....(short/boring)

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

TomHill

Rank

Here From the Very Start

Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:01 pm

WTN: OuterBound PinotNoir '19....(short/boring)

by TomHill » Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:14 pm

We tasted ystrday at Pig+Fig:
1. Outerbound PinotNoir RRV/SonomaCnty (14.0%; Aged in 30% new Fr.oak; www.NorthCoastWine.com) NorthCoastWineCompany/Geyserville 2019: Dark color; ripe strong toasty/oak some black cherry/PN bit soupy fairly simple nose; soft rather soupy/PN/black cherry/cherry fairly toasty/oak rather simple/boring flavor w/ light gentle tannins; med.long finish that mirrors flavor; nothing really bad about this wine & it speaks of PinotNoir but pretty boring and the epitome of a quotidian/commodity wine that should be at TotalWines rather than a fine wine shop. $26.00 (SFW&S)
1. This wine was selected to fill out our tasting & one I was unfamiliar with. It's a wnry located in Cloverdale and run by 4 young members of the Phillips family. They be of the family of Michael-David Wnry, a fairly commodity wnry located for many yrs in Lodi. Presumably financed by the Phillips family to let the kids do something on their own rather than try to integrate them all into the M-D Wnry. Given that background (which I didn't know when I bought the wine), I shouldn't have had very high expectations for it. It fully delivered on those low expectations.
Tom