The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: Adega on 45th, Mount Eden and a GC

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

WTN: Adega on 45th, Mount Eden and a GC

by Jenise » Sat Nov 25, 2023 1:29 pm

2021 Adega on 45th Riesling Okanagan Valley
It was true seven months ago and was true again yesterday: "I am just about the last person to get on the Riesling bandwagon, but I'd have been there earlier if I'd had rieslings like this. With superb fruit, typicity, acidity and balance, this wine was the scene stealer at a dinner party last night, with a sweet moment on entry that turned elegant on the midpalate and dry on the finish. Just outstanding."

2012 P. Dubreuil-Fontaine Père & Fils Corton-Perrières Corton Grand Cru Pinot Noir
Doesn't have Grand Cru weight, and it has the burnished color and tertiary tones of early maturity, but it's nonetheless a pleasant drink and showed well with Thanksgiving dinner.

2013 Mount Eden Vineyards Pinot Noir Santa Cruz Mountains
More Grand Cru than the Grand Cru, not surprisingly. Dark cherry fruit with some savory thyme notes and superb Santa Cruz body and minerality. Evolved nicely in the glass, but obviously would have benefitted from at least a one-hour decant.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Bob Parsons Alberta

Rank

aka Doris

Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:09 pm

Re: WTN: Adega on 45th, Mount Eden and a GC

by Bob Parsons Alberta » Sat Nov 25, 2023 3:57 pm

I visited Adega last July..top drawer winery.
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Re: WTN: Adega on 45th, Mount Eden and a GC

by Jenise » Sat Nov 25, 2023 4:06 pm

Then I trust you got to try their reisling? I've enjoyed their merlot and cab franc, Bob, but the reisling is a real wowzer.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov