The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

I know who was smoking the opium, and it wasn't Toto!

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

I know who was smoking the opium, and it wasn't Toto!

by Jenise » Tue Oct 24, 2023 4:36 pm

Someone who was recently dropped from Scarecrow winery's allocation list due to lost interest was just sent this other offer from Scarecrow:

We are pleased to introduce Toto’s Opium Dream 2016. This release was produced from the singular block of our ‘Old Men’ Cabernet vines planted in 1945 on St. George rootstock. These ancient icons are the foundation of Scarecrow wine and represent the purest expression of our magnificent fruit from the 2016 vintage.

Toto's Opium Dream

Each bottle is presented in a handcrafted black walnut box with a mother-of-pearl poppy, inlaid by the artists at the world-renowned luthier, Asher Guitars.

Bottle No. 001 of this 200-bottle, 750ml, hand-numbered micro lot was recently sold at the esteemed Napa Valley Harvest STOMP Auction.

Beginning today through November 7th, 2023, you can log in to your account on our website or click on the link below to register your interest in purchasing one of the remaining 199 bottles, at $5,500. At that time, you may also indicate your preference for a specific bottle number.

After the offer closes, a blind drawing will be conducted to determine the access and the ranking of buyers. If your name is drawn, we will contact you to complete the purchase and secure your preferred 750ml bottle number, if available.

With warm regards for the upcoming holiday season,

Mimi DeBlasio, Bret Lopez, and Coco Lopez-Anagnostakis
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Dale Williams

Rank

Compassionate Connoisseur

Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:32 pm

Dobbs Ferry, NY (NYC metro)

Re: I know who was smoking the opium, and it wasn't Toto!

by Dale Williams » Tue Oct 24, 2023 7:00 pm

Wow, right up my alley. But before I commit, can someone clarify if this is named after Toto (a) from G&S, (b) Dorothy's dog, or (c) 80s band?
no avatar
User

David M. Bueker

Rank

Riesling Guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:52 am

Connecticut

Re: I know who was smoking the opium, and it wasn't Toto!

by David M. Bueker » Tue Oct 24, 2023 7:21 pm

Dale Williams wrote:Wow, right up my alley. But before I commit, can someone clarify if this is named after Toto (a) from G&S, (b) Dorothy's dog, or (c) 80s band?

It’s an opium dream - how can you tell?
Decisions are made by those who show up