The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

TN: 1999 Moris Farms Maremma Toscana Avvoltore

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Bill Spohn

Rank

He put the 'bar' in 'barrister'

Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:31 pm

Vancouver BC

TN: 1999 Moris Farms Maremma Toscana Avvoltore

by Bill Spohn » Thu Oct 19, 2023 1:40 pm

1999 Moris Farms Maremma Toscana Avvoltore - still fairly dark, and showing a nose of dark fruit with some espresso notes, balanced, medium length and still showing very decently - my last bottle. Typically around 75% sangiovese, 20% cabernet and 5% syrah (presumably to elevate the nose?) I figured that this must be fading at this age so popped my last bottle and was pleasantly surprised that it was still in good shape.
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Re: TN: 1999 Moris Farms Maremma Toscana Avvoltore

by Jenise » Thu Oct 19, 2023 2:49 pm

Nice! It was you guys (Vancouver friends) who first introduced me to Moris Farms wines--I had not even heard of them before. I recall them at a Sangiovese themed dinner at a downtown restaurant that Coop, I think, arranged. (It was a perfect offline with really great food. Ruby's? Lucy's? Something like that in the Yaletown neighborhood.) David and Nadine brought a Moris Farms, as did someone else, and one or both were my favorites that night.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Bill Spohn

Rank

He put the 'bar' in 'barrister'

Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:31 pm

Vancouver BC

by Bill Spohn » Fri Oct 20, 2023 1:06 pm

You have an excellent memory - better than mine as I don't recall the restaurant, but Dave is like an elephant and rarely forgets anything. Annoying when he can dredge up where and when from a decade or two ago while I am trying to recall what I had for dinner last night!
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

by Jenise » Fri Oct 20, 2023 1:54 pm

I do have a far far better than average memory--better than anyone I know except Coop, who is a savant.

And I do remember that meal! Of all the Vancouver offlines in those days this was probably the best; the chef did an exemplary job of designing every course for sangiovese. Very impressive.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov