The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: Massa Piccolo Derthona Timorasso '22...(short/boring)

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

TomHill

Rank

Here From the Very Start

Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:01 pm

WTN: Massa Piccolo Derthona Timorasso '22...(short/boring)

by TomHill » Thu Oct 05, 2023 12:00 pm

Had this last night as my dinner wine:
1. Vigneti Massa Piccolo Derthona Vino Bianco (13%; 100% Timorasso; Frmtd & elevage in SS; PortoVino/Buffalo/NY) Massa Fratelli/Monleale 2022:Med.gold color; very strong Timo/pear/peach/floral/gardenias slight mineral beautiful Timo nose; lightly tart intense Timo/floral/gardenias/spicy/pear/peach rich/lush/balanced light mineral/chalky beautiful flavor; very long/lingering finish that mimics flavor; a very rich/lush/balanced very perfumed Timo that should put on weight & complexit over the next few yrs; very reasonably priced at $26.50 (KK)
Walter is, of course, the one who resurrected Timo from extinction. His Timos are consistently some of the best produced. It's a variety that I think makes the best white wine in Piemonte. It's one that is growing in popularity as well. And Piemonte producers are starting to plant it in other areas of the Piemonte outside of Derthona.
I'm very much looking forward to SamBilbro's first release of a Calif Timo this Fall.
Tom