The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN /WineAdvisor: Re-thinking Chardonnay (Kali Hart 2003 Monterey Chard)

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

James G. Lester

Rank

Wine geek

Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:37 am

Buchanan, Michigan

Re: WTN /WineAdvisor: Re-thinking Chardonnay (Kali Hart 2003

by James G. Lester » Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:08 pm

Howie,
That is a good time for us to get away as vine buds will have burst a month and a half earlier and the first sprays will be on the vines. I am also going to try to make it to MoCool this year too.

It will be fun to meet everyone.

Jim Lester
Wyncroft, LLC
no avatar
User

James Roscoe

Rank

Chat Prince

Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:43 pm

D.C. Metro Area - Maryland

by James Roscoe » Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:52 pm

Howie Hart wrote:I am currently planning NiagaraCOOL '07 for the weekend of June 23-24. Saturday will be a day-trip to the Finger Lakes, probably organized by Ed Draves. Sunday will be a local picnic. More details will be posted as the time draws near. I am plannig on going to MOCOOL again this year also, so James and James, I'm sure I'll have the opportunity to share some of my wines with you. 8)

I'm planning to be there, wether or not JB makes it.

Paul B. I have a bottle of 2000 Horton Norton I am saving for this. You have to come too!
Yes, and how many deaths will it take 'til he knows
That too many people have died?
The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind
The answer is blowin' in the wind.
no avatar
User

Carl Eppig

Rank

Our Maine man

Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:38 pm

Middleton, NH, USA

by Carl Eppig » Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:38 pm

Sorry getting in late on this one, but would like to add that anytime one finds oneself on the Monterey Penninsula you should shoot up the Carmel Valley to Talbotts tasting room. Not only can you taste you way through some lovely Pinots and Chardonnays (prefer the Pinots), but their true outlet shop across the street is a great place to pick up ties and shirts at fantastic savings. The distaff folks would love the silk remanents in the back room. My wife usally spends more on the later that I spend on ties, shirts, and wine combined.
Previous