The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

Chateau De Chambrun

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Hans

Chateau De Chambrun

by Hans » Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:29 pm

Hello, I bought a bottel of Chateau De Chambrun, 2001 from Pomerol. In Bordeaux, at the store Cousin & Compagnie for a 1 year ago. And now I wonder if it some have drunk it? How long do you think I would wait to open it?

Cheers ,Hans
no avatar
User

AlexR

Rank

Wine guru

Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:28 am

Bordeaux

Re: Chateau De Chambrun

by AlexR » Wed Apr 12, 2006 5:30 pm

Hi,

I don't know this vintage, but I do know the 98 and 00.
This is one of the best of Lalande de Pomerol.
Your 2001 is probably too young, but it would by no means be a crime to drink it now.
In light of the vintage and the château profile, I'd estimate its peak at 2010-2012.

Best regards,
Alex R.
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Re: Chateau De Chambrun

by Jenise » Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:08 pm

Hans wrote:Hello, I bought a bottel of Chateau De Chambrun, 2001 from Pomerol. In Bordeaux, at the store Cousin & Compagnie for a 1 year ago. And now I wonder if it some have drunk it? How long do you think I would wait to open it?

Cheers ,Hans

Hans, I had a 99 recently. Good wine and quite drinkable with an hour or two of decanting, but it's a big baby and needs a lot more time to develop some more interesting secondary flavors. Haven't had an 01 but if you don't mind killing babies, as Alex said, many of the 01's are drinking quite nicely right now.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov