The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

Yulish Midweek Chat tonight

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Robin Garr

Rank

Forum Janitor

Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:44 pm

Louisville, KY

Yulish Midweek Chat tonight

by Robin Garr » Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:07 pm

The Winter Solstice is tomorrow, shortest and darkest day of the year, so why not brighten things up a bit by partaking of the warm frivolity of our regular Wednesday evening Forum Chat and Attitude Adjustment. We've trimmed the tree and got the Virtual Yule Log burning, so grab a glass tonight and come on in! Chat begins at 9:30 p.m. US EST, 6:30 p.m. Pacific, 0230 GMT, in The WLDG Chat Room. See you there with jingle bells on!
no avatar
User

Gary Barlettano

Rank

Pappone di Vino

Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:50 pm

In a gallon jug far, far away ...

Re: Yulish Midweek Chat tonight

by Gary Barlettano » Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:24 pm

Well, I'm being wined and sandwiched tonight ... all in the name of getting ready for Xmas Eve ... precludes my participating.

But please allow me to wish you, Robin, and all of my friends here a joyous holiday season full of love and wonder!
And now what?
no avatar
User

Sue Courtney

Rank

Wine guru

Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:33 pm

Auckland, NZ

by Sue Courtney » Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:20 pm

Robin Garr wrote:The Winter Solstice is tomorrow, shortest and darkest day of the year, so why not brighten things up a bit by partaking of the warm frivolity of our regular Wednesday evening Forum Chat and Attitude Adjustment. We've trimmed the tree and got the Virtual Yule Log burning, so grab a glass tonight and come on in! Chat begins at 9:30 p.m. US EST, 6:30 p.m. Pacific, 0230 GMT, in The WLDG Chat Room. See you there with jingle bells on!

Are we who are celebrating the summer solstice down south of the equator join in too?
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

Rank

Forum Janitor

Louisville, KY

by Robin Garr » Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:41 pm

Sue Courtney wrote:Are we who are celebrating the summer solstice down south of the equator join in too?

Of course! Just don't rub it in ...
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

Rank

Forum Janitor

Louisville, KY

by Robin Garr » Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:43 pm

Chat's in session! Fill a glass and join us!
no avatar
User

Bob Henrick

Rank

Kamado Kommander

Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:35 pm

Lexington, Ky.

by Bob Henrick » Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:44 pm

Chat room is now officially open, and I am the thee only one there...not even a Barkeep.
Bob Henrick
no avatar
User

James Roscoe

Rank

Chat Prince

Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:43 pm

D.C. Metro Area - Maryland

by James Roscoe » Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:52 pm

Any chance of having the Sunday chat on Saturday? Christmas Eve is not the best day of the week to skip out on the family to join the chat room. Can I get any support from the regulars?
Yes, and how many deaths will it take 'til he knows
That too many people have died?
The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind
The answer is blowin' in the wind.
no avatar
User

Howie Hart

Rank

The Hart of Buffalo

Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:13 pm

Niagara Falls, NY

by Howie Hart » Thu Dec 21, 2006 9:31 pm

James Roscoe wrote:Any chance of having the Sunday chat on Saturday? Christmas Eve is not the best day of the week to skip out on the family to join the chat room. Can I get any support from the regulars?

Post it as a new thread! I chatted with David Lole one afternoon during the week after he posted a simple "Chat Anyone?" We could ahve a chat session on both Saturday and Sunday.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

Rank

Forum Janitor

Louisville, KY

by Robin Garr » Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:10 pm

James Roscoe wrote:Any chance of having the Sunday chat on Saturday? Christmas Eve is not the best day of the week to skip out on the family to join the chat room. Can I get any support from the regulars?

James (and Howie), the chat room is open 24x7, so it's possible to have a session any time two people want to get together.

Your idea makes sense, though - move the "official" Chat session from Sunday to Saturday. We can leave the Yule Log glowing for the whole weekend in case anyone wants to be there New Year's Eve, but perhaps we could have the annual forum Chris^H^H^H Holiday Party on Saturday.

If I hear no objections, I'll post it early, so Otto and Anders and Alex and David and Ben and all the other overseas folk will see the notice, and see if we can't organize a merrie little bande.
no avatar
User

Cynthia Wenslow

Rank

Pizza Princess

Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:32 pm

The Third Coast

by Cynthia Wenslow » Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:17 pm

What time are we looking at on Saturday? I seem to have a crisis looming at work and might have to be there at least part of the day. :(
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

Rank

Forum Janitor

Louisville, KY

by Robin Garr » Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:32 pm

Cynthia Wenslow wrote:What time are we looking at on Saturday? I seem to have a crisis looming at work and might have to be there at least part of the day. :(

It's flexible, Cynthia, although I would guess the default would be the usual starting point, 2 p.m. Mountain time. ;)
no avatar
User

Gary Barlettano

Rank

Pappone di Vino

Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:50 pm

In a gallon jug far, far away ...

by Gary Barlettano » Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:46 pm

Howie Hart wrote:

Post it as a new thread! I chatted with David Lole one afternoon during the week after he posted a simple "Chat Anyone?" We could ahve a chat session on both Saturday and Sunday.

I've entered the chat room on odd occasions just to see if anyone were home. It would be nifty if there were a prominent way to see in the forum that someone was in the chat room waiting for a chat besides posting a thread. I don't know if the WLDG forum and WLDG chat can be linked in that way. Robin, Robin, Robin ... ?
And now what?
no avatar
User

Cynthia Wenslow

Rank

Pizza Princess

Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:32 pm

The Third Coast

by Cynthia Wenslow » Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:12 pm

Oooh! Mountain time!!! I feel so specially invited!! Thanks, Robin! :D
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

Rank

Forum Janitor

Louisville, KY

by Robin Garr » Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:20 pm

Gary Barlettano wrote:I don't know if the WLDG forum and WLDG chat can be linked in that way. Robin, Robin, Robin ... ?

One of the (very) few advantages of the Netscape Forum was that it did exactly that. This forum software does not have that capability built in, and I don't know that it would be possible. I'd be happy to look into it, though. It's a nifty idea.