The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

The wine glasses suck!!!

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Bob Parsons Alberta

Rank

aka Doris

Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:09 pm

Re: The wine glasses suck!!!

by Bob Parsons Alberta » Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:29 pm

Well, I just called Ben and he said quote........"bring your saddle and a few glasses as I know you are picky!!!!" Problem solved forumites, great discussion eh apart from the hijacking!!! Oh, taking a dozen wines including some champers and port, plus my $40 Prosecco.
no avatar
User

Howie Hart

Rank

The Hart of Buffalo

Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:13 pm

Niagara Falls, NY

by Howie Hart » Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:41 pm

Bob Parsons Alberta. wrote:Well, I just called Ben and he said quote........"bring your saddle and a few glasses as I know you are picky!!!!" Problem solved forumites, great discussion eh apart from the hijacking!!! Oh, taking a dozen wines including some champers and port, plus my $40 Prosecco.

Bring your saddle? You didn't mention that you'd be drinking the wine while on horseback! That makes all the difference in the world. One must have proper stemware for that! :lol:
no avatar
User

Randy Buckner

Rank

Wine guru

Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:46 am

Puget Sound

by Randy Buckner » Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:38 pm

Bring your saddle? You didn't mention that you'd be drinking the wine while on horseback!

Who said anything about horses? They have some wild parties in Alberta. :twisted:
no avatar
User

Bill Hooper

Rank

Wine guru

Sat Mar 25, 2006 12:46 am

McMinnville, OR

by Bill Hooper » Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:47 pm

Riedel O is cheap and easy to pack and, Wow! You just happen to have some in the trunk!

Happy Holidays,
Bill
no avatar
User

Covert

Rank

NOT David Caruso

Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:17 pm

Albany, New York

by Covert » Fri Dec 22, 2006 5:35 am

Bob Parsons Alberta. wrote:So you have been invited to a Christmas gathering (one day, two whatever) and you just know that the host/hostess has no clue about suitable glasswear. Especially as you, the visitor, are bringing some decent wines for the event! What do you do?

It's like drugs. One formulation does not fit all. People have different personalities and will react over an entire spectrum to such a stimulus. One quarter would think somebody who brought glasses was an a--hole. Another quarter would be appreciative for the insight. One half wouldn't pay much attention one way or the other. You can break it down much more analytically, but you get the point.

To be safe, forget about it; to be alive, go for it.
no avatar
User

Bob Parsons Alberta

Rank

aka Doris

Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:09 pm

by Bob Parsons Alberta » Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:57 pm

It all worked out pretty well. When they saw my wines, they went out and purchased some nice glasses!!! Wooppee.
no avatar
User

Paul Winalski

Rank

Wok Wielder

Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:16 pm

Merrimack, New Hampshire

by Paul Winalski » Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:42 pm

Bob Parsons Alberta. wrote:So you have been invited to a Christmas gathering (one day, two whatever) and you just know that the host/hostess has no clue about suitable glasswear. Especially as you, the visitor, are bringing some decent wines for the event! What do you do?

IMO it depends on your relationship with the host/hostess. If you know they won't be offended or feel put on the spot, you could offer to bring some super-duper wine geek-type glasses along with the wine. Of course, as kindergarten teachers point out, make sure you bring some for everyone. Otherwise, you graciously accept the host/hostess's hospitality and take off your wine geek hat for a while.

-Paul W.
Previous