The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

TN: 2005 Pisano Licor de Tannat.

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Bob Parsons Alberta

Rank

aka Doris

Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:09 pm

TN: 2005 Pisano Licor de Tannat.

by Bob Parsons Alberta » Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:17 pm

2005 Pisano eTXe Oneko Beltza Likore, Uruguay.

Cellared 4 yrs, 17.5% alc, $31 Cdn, 375 ml. Good natural cork, wine created through a combination of both Port and Amarone production. Big chunks of sediment were to be expected!

Inky black with very dark purple rim.
Nose is very impressive with forefront blueberry, blackberry. Hint of oak still and plum from across the table. Not much change on day 2.
Initial entry thought is still some tannins, blackberry, pepper, chocolate. Very good acidity and excellent port-like length. Huge structure here and will last 5 yrs for sure. "The oak does not overpower the fruit/rich black fruits" thought my fellow taster.

A must-buy for sure if you come across this delight!
no avatar
User

Bob Parsons Alberta

Rank

aka Doris

Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:09 pm

Re: TN: 2005 Pisano Licor de Tannat.

by Bob Parsons Alberta » Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:57 pm

Well, I had the chance to retaste twice in past six weeks. The other day was served to a group tasting downtown and think was an eye-opener to many. Lot more sediment now, still an opaque color, less oak influence, dried fruits, fig, prune, still port-like. One of its kind and now discounted to $21 Cdn (375ml).
I will get a chance to buy more as wine features on another tasting this coming Thursday!Best Bang for your Buck, an annual event at DeVines.