The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN; Corison, Lusu, Viansa!,

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Brian K Miller

Rank

Passionate Arboisphile

Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:05 am

Northern California

WTN; Corison, Lusu, Viansa!,

by Brian K Miller » Mon May 26, 2014 6:32 pm

2010 Corison Napa Valley. Maybe Infanticide, but this wien is fairly forward, if tannic. On the darker, earthier side for Corison...it reminds me more of the 2006 and even the 2004 vintages, surprisingly. But, over a brief period of time the minerality and herbal character I love in Cathy'w wines really came out! Nice stuff, as always.

2010 Lusu Sangiovese, Dry Creek Valley. Lusu is now housed in Steve's original winery on Camelia off Fifth Street in West Berkeley. I REALLY like the bright cherry and black berry character (but not "sweet" at all) of this wine, with a nice tangy element that really shone with food. It opened up nicely over the evening as well. Sadly, the winemaker told me he doesn't have access to any more of this fruit. LUSU definitely fits into the neighborhood, though, being within a block of Broc Cellars and Donkey and Goat. Eno Wines shares the space as well. I think David Teixeira is a winemaker to watch!

Viansa "V" Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon 2005. I expected this to be a little hot (15%), this wine showed really nice bottle bouquet....some earthy, classic cabernet flavors. Quite slurpable. I have never visited Viansa and know nothing about them other than it looks like a pretty place from the highway!

Campo Vida "Campo di Bianca" Mendocino White Blend (Marsanne, Rousanne, Viognier). Crisp, fresh apple and floral notes combine with ichness. Grerat acidity and very refreshing white wine!
...(Humans) are unique in our capacity to construct realities at utter odds with reality. Dogs dream and dolphins imagine, but only humans are deluded. –Jacob Bacharach