The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: Bandol and CA rose, Chianti, Prosecco

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Dale Williams

Rank

Compassionate Connoisseur

Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:32 pm

Dobbs Ferry, NY (NYC metro)

WTN: Bandol and CA rose, Chianti, Prosecco

by Dale Williams » Tue May 20, 2014 3:19 pm

Sunday we had grilled tuna with rosemary, summer squash, and a soba-noodle salad. Wine was the 2013 Edmunds St John Bone-Jolly Gamay rose. Surprise, surprise, a lovely wine. Sweet red fruits, a nervy acidic backbone. Tangy finish. Buy more. B++

Last night we were invited to Riverdale for a dinner with old friends visiting from the South. I was asked to do an appetizer, and was proud of my no-shopping assembly - pea shoots topped with grilled king oyster mushrooms and medium-rare duck breast, drizzled with a ramp/bacon/sorrel sauce. The host had made chicken bouillabaisse and a salad.

The NV Mionetto La Pieve Extra Dry Prosecco was crisp but quite simple and appley. B-

The 2009 Viticcio Chianti Classico is easygoing, round, a bit of tannin in background. B/B-

The 2013 Pradeaux Bandol rose went well with the chicken , a bit stern, floral notes and red fruits. I enjoy, but think there are Provencal roses like Gourgonnier at lesser prices I enjoy as much B

Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an excellent wine, B a good wine, C mediocre. Anything below C means I wouldn't drink at a party where it was only choice.Furthermore, I offer no promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.
no avatar
User

Diane (Long Island)

Rank

Wine guru

Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:47 pm

Re: WTN: Bandol and CA rose, Chianti, Prosecco

by Diane (Long Island) » Wed May 21, 2014 7:49 pm

I stopped into Flatiron Wines today and was tempted to buy a bottle of the Pradeaux Rose. I like Tempier and this seemed to be a bargain in comparison, but, alas, I went with a bottle of Champagne and only wanted to schlep 1 bottle on my outing in the city.
Diane
no avatar
User

David M. Bueker

Rank

Riesling Guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:52 am

Connecticut

Re: WTN: Bandol and CA rose, Chianti, Prosecco

by David M. Bueker » Wed May 21, 2014 8:00 pm

Let's get Jolly! I have a small stash. Looking forward to having one soon.
Decisions are made by those who show up