The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTNs: Weekend Wines

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Brian K Miller

Rank

Passionate Arboisphile

Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:05 am

Northern California

WTNs: Weekend Wines

by Brian K Miller » Mon May 19, 2014 1:41 pm

2009 Signorello "East Hillside" Cabernet Sauvignon. Reflecting warm storage, this was an "advanced" wine, showing delicious warm savory flavors underneath the bright cherry and cassis fruit. A touch of brett contributed to the savoeryness. Delicious! I noticed that Signorello is appointment only now. The winemaker's wife had told me that their reliance on estate only fruit now means that they had a couple of quite low production years...and there was not a lot of wine to go around!

2009 and 2012 Harrington Pinot Sonoma Coast Noir. Wow. The 2009 was bright and taut, with delicious cherry fruit and herbal notes. The 2012 was warmer and more savory, with earth and plum fruit.

2012 Red Noz (Domaine de l'Ecru) Vin Naturale (biodynamie!) Mixture of Cabernet and Cabernet Franc. Loire Valley. Strong herbal high toned red plum, definitely some plum skin notes. Very distinctly Loire Valley hipster natural wine flavor profile. Which I do enjoy!

2013 Da Vero (Dry Creek Valley) Malvasia Bianca. What an odd yet intriguing white wine. Bright toned, high acidity. Like a strong Dry Creek Sauvignon, but there is a pronounced minerality/savoryness here. Also a vegetal note...asparagus???? Not an everyday quaffer, but very intriguing...would go well with spicy food, I bet!
...(Humans) are unique in our capacity to construct realities at utter odds with reality. Dogs dream and dolphins imagine, but only humans are deluded. –Jacob Bacharach