The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: Henry of Pelham Riesling Reserve '07..(short/boring)

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

TomHill

Rank

Here From the Very Start

Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:01 pm

WTN: Henry of Pelham Riesling Reserve '07..(short/boring)

by TomHill » Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:15 am

Tried this last night at dinner:
1. Henry of Pelham Riesling Reserve VQA: NiagaraPeninsula (12.0%; www.HenryOfPelham.com) StCatharines/Ontario/Canada 2007: Med.yellow color; beautiful flinty/steely/gout de patrol/Mosel valve oil light floral/pineapple/insecticide slight pungent/earthy very fragrant complex nose; quite tart/lean rather steely/metallic/flinty slight Mosel valve oil/floral/insecticide/spicy flavor; bit short rather tart/metallic/steely/flinty light floral/mango finish; finishes a bit short and not a big impact on the palate but a beautiful very Germanic R nose; a very good price at $17.00 (CB).
1. This wine I picked up at CortiBros a few weeks afore. When I shop there, Darrell comes down to the floor, grabs the front of my shopping cart, and guides me up & down the aisles. He'll stop, pick up a btl to show me, gives me a few minutes lecture on the wine, announces "Tom, you must try this wine", and proceeds to put it into my shopping cart; until I finally plead "basta, Darrell". He likes it when I shop there. This was one he adminished me "I must try". He was, of course, right.
Tom
no avatar
User

Bob Parsons Alberta

Rank

aka Doris

Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:09 pm

Re: WTN: Henry of Pelham Riesling Reserve '07..(short/boring)

by Bob Parsons Alberta » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:37 pm

Pity he did not have any Cave Spring :( .
no avatar
User

Howie Hart

Rank

The Hart of Buffalo

Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:13 pm

Niagara Falls, NY

by Howie Hart » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:17 pm

I've been there a few times and they makes some very nice wines. In fact, the entire Niagara Peninsula of Ontario has many outstanding wines, most of which never leave the country. I can get some in Buffalo, but crossing the border to visit wineries is generally not a big deal. Some very nice Riesling, Pinot Gris, Chardonnay, Gamay, Pinot Noir and Cab Franc, as well as the well known ice wines.
Chico - Hey! This Bottle is empty!
Groucho - That's because it's dry Champagne.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

Rank

Forum Janitor

Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:44 pm

Louisville, KY

by Robin Garr » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:26 pm

TomHill wrote:/insecticide/

:shock:
no avatar
User

TomHill

Rank

Here From the Very Start

Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:01 pm

Well...

by TomHill » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:49 am

Robin Garr wrote:
TomHill wrote:/insecticide/

:shock:

Well....to many/most insecticides they add some sort of aromatic chemical to warm people (I guess).
This smell just reminded me of a very fragrant insecticide I used in the past. Some very aromatic organic.
Tom