The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: 2010 Jean-Marc Vincent Santenay Beaurepaire

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Diane (Long Island)

Rank

Wine guru

Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:47 pm

WTN: 2010 Jean-Marc Vincent Santenay Beaurepaire

by Diane (Long Island) » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:34 pm

I brought this to dinner Friday night when JC was visiting New York and a few of us met at Peking Duck House. I thought it would be fun to try this young wine and new producer for me. It was tough to appreciate that night. It was hard, I found reduction, and just a brooding wine. Well, tonight, it is different. What I thought was reduction, I think is coming from stems. The nose is floral and the palate has bright fruits and acidity and great depth. A serious wine. My source for this only had 2 bottles, and now I only have 1 left. I will bury it.
Diane
no avatar
User

Richard Fadeley OLD

Rank

Ultra geek

Tue May 09, 2006 10:42 pm

Re: WTN: 2010 Jean-Marc Vincent Santenay Beaurepaire

by Richard Fadeley OLD » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:57 pm

Did you decant the wine at home before going to the restaurant? I find that to be a big help. It eliminates the "corked" problem (have you noticed how that has almost gone away?). And you can do a 2-3 hour decant so when you get to the restaurant the wine is ready to go. We will put the bottle(s) into a chilled sleeve to keep it cool (red or white). I've got all my wine buddies trained to do just that, and at the restaurant our wines are ready to go. Sounds like with this wine you might not have anticipated the longer decant.
Richard Fadeley, CWS
aka Webwineman
no avatar
User

Diane (Long Island)

Rank

Wine guru

Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:47 pm

by Diane (Long Island) » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:01 pm

It is too difficult for me to travel to the city with an opened bottle, although, it is true I did travel home with it. This was more or less a test run, and I did learn that the wine needs decanting if opened now.
Diane
no avatar
User

Richard Fadeley OLD

Rank

Ultra geek

Tue May 09, 2006 10:42 pm

by Richard Fadeley OLD » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:08 pm

If you are worried about "opened bottle" just put the wine in the trunk. This whole exercise makes your special wines even more special.
Richard Fadeley, CWS
aka Webwineman