The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

Wednesday Chat

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

James Roscoe

Rank

Chat Prince

Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:43 pm

D.C. Metro Area - Maryland

Wednesday Chat

by James Roscoe » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:06 pm

It is chat night. It starts too late for me, but the rest of you young ones go ahead and enjoy yourselves. Chat gets started around 9:30 PM for those on the east coast, 8:30 PM for those of you in Chicago and 7:30 in other parts of fly over country such as Denver. I guess that means 6:30 PM on the left coast. If my calculations are correct everyone in NZ needs to join us at 12:30 PM Thursday and Australia at 2:30 PM on Thursday for those in Sydney and eastern Oz. It will be an ungodly 3:30 AM in Israel and Helsinki, 3:30 AM in Paris, and Berlin, and 1:30 AM in London. Of course it is all worth the sleep deprivation. Come in early and see who is here. Don't be late!!!!! (I hope I have the time changes down.If not, let me know!)

The fun starts HERE!!!!
Last edited by James Roscoe on Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yes, and how many deaths will it take 'til he knows
That too many people have died?
The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind
The answer is blowin' in the wind.
no avatar
User

Neil Courtney

Rank

Wine guru

Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:39 pm

Auckland, New Zealand

Re: Wednesday Chat

by Neil Courtney » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:58 pm

Not quite. It will be 2:30 PM here in NZ and 12:30 PM on the East Coast of Australia. They are west of us! I logged in at 12:30 PM and the room was empty.

NZ DST ends next weekend when the time goes back one hour.
Cheers,
Neil Courtney

'Wine improves with age. The older I get, the better I like it.' --- Anonymous.
no avatar
User

Bob Henrick

Rank

Kamado Kommander

Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:35 pm

Lexington, Ky.

by Bob Henrick » Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:12 pm

I have been trying to get into chat this past week with no success at all. I get a flag that says "Application blocked. Click for details" Then under that it says "Your security settings have blocked an untrusted applications from running" Then when I click on the details button I get the following.

Java Plug-in 10.51.2.13
Using JRE version 1.7.0_51-b13 Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
User home directory = C:\Users\BHenrick
----------------------------------------------------
c: clear console window
f: finalize objects on finalization queue
g: garbage collect
h: display this help message
l: dump classloader list
m: print memory usage
o: trigger logging
q: hide console
r: reload policy configuration
s: dump system and deployment properties
t: dump thread list
v: dump thread stack
x: clear classloader cache
0-5: set trace level to <n>
----------------------------------------------------
CacheEntry[http://host7.parachat.com/pchat/applet/papplet.jar]: updateAvailable=true,lastModified=Fri Oct 18 19:07:47 EDT 2013,length=554585
CacheEntry[http://host7.parachat.com/pchat/applet/papplet.jar]: updateAvailable=true,lastModified=Fri Oct 18 19:07:47 EDT 2013,length=554585

Is this a problem with Parachat or is it my computer settings. I cleared the security on Firefox (BTW, I get this same problem, in IE) or is it a problem in Windows? I use Windows 7 professional (I think it is a 64bit OS ,but for some reason I have to use a 32 bit version of java, When I try to log in I can see Java trying to start and when that bombs is when I get the flag outlined above.
Last edited by Bob Henrick on Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bob Henrick
no avatar
User

Bob Parsons Alberta

Rank

aka Doris

Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:09 pm

by Bob Parsons Alberta » Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:17 pm

Fun times at your place too eh Bob? I switched to Chrome and have pop ups all over the place, including a Chinese date ladies site!!