The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: 2009 Rhys Horseshoe Syrah

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

David M. Bueker

Rank

Riesling Guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:52 am

Connecticut

WTN: 2009 Rhys Horseshoe Syrah

by David M. Bueker » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:48 am

2009 Rhys Syrah Horseshoe Vineyard - USA, California, San Francisco Bay, Santa Cruz Mountains (2/18/2014)
Sacrificed my last bottle of this wine way too soon, but it was what I wanted to drink after clearing the driveway yet again. I will have to bust into the 2010s if it keeps snowing! Anyway, this is very similar to the bottle I had last fall, with a very dark fruit profile, solid structure of acid and tannin, and a very persistent, meaty flavor profile. Sorry - no bacon. Delicious wine despite the lack of smoked pork.
Decisions are made by those who show up
no avatar
User

Florida Jim

Rank

Wine guru

Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:27 pm

St. Pete., FL & Sonoma, CA

Re: WTN: 2009 Rhys Horseshoe Syrah

by Florida Jim » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:53 am

David M. Bueker wrote:2009 Rhys Syrah Horseshoe Vineyard - USA, California, San Francisco Bay, Santa Cruz Mountains (2/18/2014)
Sacrificed my last bottle of this wine way too soon, but it was what I wanted to drink after clearing the driveway yet again. I will have to bust into the 2010s if it keeps snowing! Anyway, this is very similar to the bottle I had last fall, with a very dark fruit profile, solid structure of acid and tannin, and a very persistent, meaty flavor profile. Sorry - no bacon. Delicious wine despite the lack of smoked pork.

Should the weather 'cooperate' and you open a 2010 Horseshoe, Syrah, I would wager you will not be disappointed. Even at this early stage.
Best, Jim
Jim Cowan
Cowan Cellars
no avatar
User

David M. Bueker

Rank

Riesling Guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:52 am

Connecticut

Re: WTN: 2009 Rhys Horseshoe Syrah

by David M. Bueker » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:25 pm

Well it is snowing outside my window as I type...
Decisions are made by those who show up