The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: 2012 Scotch Block Winery Halton Hills Blanc

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Paul B.

Rank

Hybrid Guru

Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:38 pm

Ontario, Canada

WTN: 2012 Scotch Block Winery Halton Hills Blanc

by Paul B. » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:55 am

The Scotch Block Halton Hills Blanc is a relatively new wine. It pours with a very clear, pale straw colour and some minor effervescence along the bottom of the glass. It has a very pretty hue in the glass.

Upon swirling the glass, aromas of pineapple, cantaloupe and honeydew emerge; some citrus-rind notes and pine needle can be picked up as well. It's a fresh, crisp, inviting nose.

There's excellent balance right on the entry, with crisp acidity and just a slight residual sweetness. The wine is crisp and balanced, with good flavour replay. It's a well structured and substantive white wine that goes with just about anything calling for a white dinner wine. The wine comes in at 11% alc./vol.

The citrus/lemon-rind notes continue along the palate and right into the finish. There is some slight warmth, and the finish is clean and cleansing.

Based on the Cayuga White grape variety, this is one of the best white wines I've had from Scotch Block to-date. Highly recommended.
http://hybridwines.blogspot.ca
no avatar
User

Howie Hart

Rank

The Hart of Buffalo

Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:13 pm

Niagara Falls, NY

Re: WTN: 2012 Scotch Block Winery Halton Hills Blanc

by Howie Hart » Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:22 pm

Can this be found at the LCBO? I'll be crossing the border in a few weeks to pick up some juice in NOTL and may pick up a bottle. I make Cayuga every year and am always looking for references.
Chico - Hey! This Bottle is empty!
Groucho - That's because it's dry Champagne.
no avatar
User

Paul B.

Rank

Hybrid Guru

Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:38 pm

Ontario, Canada

Re: WTN: 2012 Scotch Block Winery Halton Hills Blanc

by Paul B. » Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:08 pm

Howie Hart wrote:Can this be found at the LCBO?

Hey Howie,

Unfortunately, no... I think that production is much too small to meet their quota.

Available at the winery only - Scotch Block Country Winery
http://hybridwines.blogspot.ca