The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: Ch. Cesseras 2003 (Minervois-La Livinière)

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Saina

Rank

Musaroholic

Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:07 pm

Helsinki, Finland

WTN: Ch. Cesseras 2003 (Minervois-La Livinière)

by Saina » Fri Nov 24, 2006 4:34 pm

Inspired by a recent brief taste, I decided to try again what a Château Cesseras 2003 (Minervois La Livinière) is like. I had a small taste of it recently in a big walk around tasting and thought it pretty nice, though big and sweet.

Well, it is a pretty nice drop. Maybe not really my style of wine this year as it is a little bit sweet/confected, but the pieces are pretty nice so I'd love to try this in a cooler year. The Syrah comes out well, a bit of vegetality and there is lots and lots of fruit. I don't mind a touch of fruit - occasionally I don't even mind lots and lots of fruit - but I detest over-ripeness. This is on the border, but stays on the right side for my taste. It has enough savoury scents to balance the fruit.

The palate is fruity, but finishes dry and even mineral. The acidity is surprisingy nice - the aftertaste tastes fresh! Tannins are soft but noticable. I can see this evolving well for a year or two. For 11€ (with Finnish pricing this equals fantastic value :( ) this is nice stuff. I would like to see the 2004 arrive soon, though as I'd believe that to be more to my taste.

I paired it with a pot of risotto with wild mushrooms and turkey! I decided to buy some to share with the celebrations on that side of the pond! :) Such a big wine maybe should have been paired with a more robust dish, but worked well with this also.

-O-
I don't drink wine because of religious reasons ... only for other reasons.
no avatar
User

Bob Parsons Alberta

Rank

aka Doris

Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:09 pm

Re: WTN: Ch. Cesseras 2003 (Minervois-La Livinière)

by Bob Parsons Alberta » Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:42 pm

Otto, I am getiing more and more into this area and have a couple of reds for upcoming 2nd hands!!!!