The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

2010 Chateau Le Consellier

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Tom Troiano

Rank

Wine guru

Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:22 pm

Massachusetts

2010 Chateau Le Consellier

by Tom Troiano » Wed May 01, 2013 9:07 am

So, I picked up a few bottles of this wine based on a glowing Parker review. You know the drill - "Sleeper of the vintage".

I troed one last night and I thought the wine was terrible and so I searched our TN archives and found this from Jim Grow in 1996 about another vintage:

Highly reviewed by RP and produced by Jean-Philippe Janoueix, this very dark purple Bordeaux, with 7 hrs. hours decanting, was was still very primary and astringent on the finish. The fruit was med.-deep cherry with no complexity
and unless time works magic, my remaining 7 bottles will be disappointing. I just do not see much future with this wine as the depth of fruit is average at best. At my age I am not interested in ageing wines for over 10 years which this one may need but that is questionable

I didn't decant for 7 hours but my TN is almost identical to this. What a huge dissapointment.

Anyone have any experience with this wine/chateau? Does it need ten years in the cellar?
Tom T.