The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: Possibly the best still rosé I've had: Tue-Boeuf

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Saina

Rank

Musaroholic

Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:07 pm

Helsinki, Finland

WTN: Possibly the best still rosé I've had: Tue-Boeuf

by Saina » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:03 pm

Clos du Tue-Boeuf (Thierry Puzelat) Vin Rosé Pinot Gris 2010 - 11,5% abv
Until now, Musar's rosé with plenty of bottle age has been the still rosé that I have most enjoyed (the 1995 is sublime now) but I must confess that I find this Puzelat even more fascinating and loveable! Puzelat's wines have been fantastic in recent years with none of that variability that I used to find in his pre-2009 wines. And this Irn-Bru coloured rosé is very true to Puzelat's style. It has a lifted, almost vinegary aroma with wonderful earthiness coupled to the brightest and purest imaginable fruit with almost red Burgundy levels of sexy aromatics. The purity of fruit continues on the palate and it has wonderfully crunchy acidity and it's so light but refreshing and full of flavour that it might just be the most moreish wine I've had in years. It also evaporates from the glass far too fast and I'm not sure a magnum would be sufficient if more than one is drinking it.

I don't drink wine because of religious reasons ... only for other reasons.
no avatar
User

Rahsaan

Rank

Wild and Crazy Guy

Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:20 pm

New York, NY

Re: WTN: Possibly the best still rosé I've had: Tue-Boeuf

by Rahsaan » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:39 pm

Thanks for these notes. I don't buy Puzelat wines as much as I should, because I never seem to get around to them. But your recent boosterism will keep them in my mind!
no avatar
User

Saina

Rank

Musaroholic

Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:07 pm

Helsinki, Finland

Re: WTN: Possibly the best still rosé I've had: Tue-Boeuf

by Saina » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:35 pm

Rahsaan wrote:Thanks for these notes. I don't buy Puzelat wines as much as I should, because I never seem to get around to them. But your recent boosterism will keep them in my mind!

I have been really impressed with the 2009-> Puzelats (both the Tue-Boeuf and the négoce stuff). They are fun, and fun is perhaps the best reason to open a wine. I think I have opened more Puzelat than any other producer in 2012 (even more than Musar :O )! If you do start trying them, I'd be keen to hear your thoughts.
I don't drink wine because of religious reasons ... only for other reasons.