The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: The best ever pinot blanc??

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Arnt Egil Nordlien

Rank

Wine geek

Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:49 pm

Oslo

WTN: The best ever pinot blanc??

by Arnt Egil Nordlien » Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:36 pm

Ok, it is a stupid subject, but this wine really rocked much more than I ever expected. No doubt Uwe Lützkendorf was very satisfied with it as he highly recommended me to buy a bottle. But I did not expect it to be one of the finest pinot blancs I have ever tasted - alongside Bergdolts Kirrweiler Mandelberg and older bottles of Cantina Terlan.

Karsdorfer Hohe Gräte weissburgunder auslese 2003, Weingut Lützkendorf
Straw colour. Fine and complex nose. Hints of flowers, wild strawberries, botrytis, sweet bread, chalk. Powerful wine in the mouth. Very concentrated weissburgunder. Some sweetness noticable. Still very fine balance with refreshing acids. A great 2003. The fruit is highly complex. Hints of flowers, botrytis, sweet bread, some chalk. Good length. Great wine.

This wins the price for the most complex pinot blanc I have tasted. It has a noticable sweetness, but residual sugar is only 8,6 g/L. Acids as high as 7,6 g/L. Alcohol 13,8%. It is drinking fine now but with the sheer power and concentration it will last long. It was better than the 2005 version of the same wine I have TN'ed earlier.
no avatar
User

Bob Parsons Alberta

Rank

aka Doris

Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:09 pm

Re: WTN: The best ever pinot blanc??

by Bob Parsons Alberta » Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:42 pm

Nice Arnt, we need you over on Otto`s new 2nd hand blind tasting!!!! Do you have the monoply wine catalogue handy??!!! LOL.
no avatar
User

Arnt Egil Nordlien

Rank

Wine geek

Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:49 pm

Oslo

Re: WTN: The best ever pinot blanc??

by Arnt Egil Nordlien » Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:52 pm

Bob Parsons Alberta. wrote:Nice Arnt, we need you over on Otto`s new 2nd hand blind tasting!!!! Do you have the monoply wine catalogue handy??!!! LOL.

Mmmm, only the norwegian catalogue.