The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: Time for a Knapp

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Carl Eppig

Rank

Our Maine man

Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:38 pm

Middleton, NH, USA

WTN: Time for a Knapp

by Carl Eppig » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:02 pm

2010 Knapp, Finger Lakes, Chardonnay $11.95. Alcohol level: 12%. Non-oak fermentation makes this Chardonnay a clean, crisp, refreshing, and uncomplicated dry white wine with light citrus notes.

We matched it with Roast Chicken, rice, and peas. Mmmmm good!
no avatar
User

Joe Moryl

Rank

Wine guru

Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:38 pm

New Jersey, USA

Re: WTN: Time for a Knapp

by Joe Moryl » Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:33 pm

Glad to see that Knapp is doing a sans-oak Chardonnay; these seem so much more appropriate for the type of fruit one gets in the Finger Lakes. If you like the Knapp version, you might check out the similarly priced bottles from Anthony Road and Red Tail Ridge. Good daily drinkers.
no avatar
User

Jon Leifer

Rank

Wine guru

Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:34 pm

by Jon Leifer » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:15 pm

Carl: you have posted previous notes as well , in favor of Knapp Chards..Bearing that in mind,we were out and about wine tasting on Cayuga and Seneca Lakes during the Labor Day weekend with our daughters.. I bought a bottle of the 2010 Knapp Chard..Haven't opened it yet but plan to do so in near fututre, My wife often pairs a roasted chicken with brown rice and green beans.
Jon
no avatar
User

Carl Eppig

Rank

Our Maine man

Middleton, NH, USA

by Carl Eppig » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:46 pm

Our tastes seem to be similiar Jon. I hope you enjoy. We're look forward to trying those that Joe recommended as well.

Merry Christmas, Carl
no avatar
User

Jon Leifer

Rank

Wine guru

by Jon Leifer » Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:04 pm

Merry Christmas to you as well, Carl..Joe Moryl has been my guru and guide to the Finger Lakes for many years, going back to when my wife and I took our very first FL tasting trip and made the rounds of Seneca Lake, roughly 10-15 years(possibly longer, wd need to check my cellar book) and 3 computers ago..Joe was kind enough to provide detailed info re just about every winery on Seneca.
Jon
no avatar
User

Jon Leifer

Rank

Wine guru

by Jon Leifer » Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:22 pm

Carl: pulled straight from the cellar so you could say I drank it at cellar temperature,wine was absolutely delightful tonight, wd definitely buy again, thank you for the recommendation,,One if the best FL chards I have tasted and quite nice, regardless of where it came from, went very well with my wife's turkey burgers

Jon
Jon
no avatar
User

Carl Eppig

Rank

Our Maine man

Middleton, NH, USA

by Carl Eppig » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:08 pm

Enjoyed a 2012 tonight with boneless chicken breasts roasted in a complex sauce of grainy mustard, honey, lemon juice, and various herbs and spices; sides were green beans, and biscuits. Still a wonderful wine to have with dishes like this.
no avatar
User

Jon Leifer

Rank

Wine guru

by Jon Leifer » Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:37 pm

Looks like were still in tune, Carl..Dinner tonight was boneless chicken breast in a honey-lemon marinade, served with a chard..We did however, go with a Sonoma chard, 2011 Rodney Strong Chalk Hill. a very nice pairing,,Happy New Year and thanks for reminding me that we need to take another trip to FL region, wanna revisit Heart and Hands plus Knapp amongst others...
Jon