WTN: QPR Ripasso

The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

Moderators: Jenise, David M. Bueker, Robin Garr

WTN: QPR Ripasso

Postby Tom N. » Sat Oct 14, 2006 10:36 pm

Semitransparent rich ruby red wine with a nose of ripe plums, raisins, and a rich background of dark fruit, epecially black raspberry. This medium-bodied wine caresses the mid-palate with a stimulating embrace of smooth tannins :) . A nicely balanced wine with good dark fruits and balancing acidity. A nice long fruity finish with a touch of lingering dry tannins on the back of the tongue. Great food wine that matched well with penne and meatballs with a stir-fried red pepper and zuchinni tomato sauce. Also good sipper. International style, IMO.

My new house red.

Wine: Sa' Solin 2003 Ripasso Valpolicella, 14.5% abv. by Corte Zoro. $15.95 ($CAN tax included at LCBO). I bought half a case.
Tom Noland
Good sense is not common.
Tom N.
Wine guru

Re: WTN: QPR Ripasso

Postby Carl Eppig » Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:34 pm

Sounds like one to look for. Don't if it is imported into the U.S., but we do make trips up there.
Carl Eppig
Our Maine man

Re: WTN: QPR Ripasso

Postby Tom N. » Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:23 pm

Hi Carl,

I did a quick search on wine-searcher.com and could not find it in the US. However, wine-searcher could not find it in Canada either and that is where I bought it. Probably could be special ordered, but usually that means a case.
Tom Noland
Good sense is not common.
Tom N.
Wine guru

Return to The Wine Forum