The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: A few Impressions from Yesterday

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Redwinger

Rank

Wine guru

Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:36 pm

Way Down South In Indiana, USA

WTN: A few Impressions from Yesterday

by Redwinger » Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:17 am

2004 Lincourt Pinot Noir, Santa Barbara County
I've had the opportunity to taste 3 or 4 offerings from this winery over the last few years and I never have been impressed with any of them. This was not an exception to those experiences. Not hateful by any means, but it was a bit too simple and candied for my palate. Nothing to hold my interest beyond a couple of sips. ~ $22.

1999 BV George de Latour
Just the faintest aromas of musty wet cardboard wafted from the stem. After a brief discussion, it was deemed corked.

2003 Drouhin Chorey-Les Beaune
Ahhh, this is more like it. Fruit is on somewhat on the ripe side but is balanced with grippy/zippy acidity. Forest and earth provide additional interest. Surprisingly it paired nicely with grilled duck breast with blackberry reduction sauce. At $21 this is a bargain-Burgundy worth seeking out for short term consumption.

2004 Thorn Clarke Shotfire Ridge, Barossa Cuvee
Pleasant enough wine that is not quite as over-the-top as many of the OZ wines can be...at least those that find their way to flyover-land. Simple fruit and low tannin. This wine began falling apart after three or four hours and developed a gloppiness. I would hesitate to recommend cellaring this with expectation of improvement. ~20

Hey, one for four ain't all that bad.

Redwinger

Disclaimer: I sell these wines to people
Smile, it gives your face something to do!
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Re: WTN: A few Impressions from Yesterday

by Jenise » Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:51 pm

Yesterday.

2004 Lincourt Pinot Noir, Santa Barbara County
I've had the opportunity to taste 3 or 4 offerings from this winery over the last few years and I never have been impressed with any of them. This was not an exception to those experiences. Not hateful by any means, but it was a bit too simple and candied for my palate. Nothing to hold my interest beyond a couple of sips. ~ $22.

...all your troubles seemed so far away

1999 BV George de Latour
Just the faintest aromas of musty wet cardboard wafted from the stem. After a brief discussion, it was deemed corked.

...now it looks as though they're here to stay

2004 Thorn Clarke Shotfire Ridge, Barossa Cuvee
Pleasant enough wine that is not quite as over-the-top as many of the OZ wines can be...at least those that find their way to flyover-land. Simple fruit and low tannin. This wine began falling apart after three or four hours and developed a gloppiness. I would hesitate to recommend cellaring this with expectation of improvement. ~20

....oh I believe, in Yesterday.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov