The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: Kenwood Cabernet Sauvignon 1993.

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Bob Ross

Rank

Wine guru

Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:39 pm

Franklin Lakes, NJ

WTN: Kenwood Cabernet Sauvignon 1993.

by Bob Ross » Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:01 am

1993 Kenwood Artist Series Cabernet Sauvignon Sonoma Valley California. 13.1% alcohol. Blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Cabernet Franc. Aged in small French Oak barrels. Calder abstract landscape -- pyramids and circles. Kings in Wayne, $50.00.

Deep red color, deep hue, bit of bricking, lovely fruit, spice and earth aromas and tastes, lovely complex tannins, very good balance, long, complex finish with an interesting earthen note that came and went over two hours or so. The wine aged beautifully. 4*.

Regards, Bob
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Re: WTN: Kenwood Cabernet Sauvignon 1993.

by Jenise » Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:02 pm

Nice note--I don't think Kenwood's Artist Series gets its share of serious attention from geekdom.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Bob Ross

Rank

Wine guru

Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:39 pm

Franklin Lakes, NJ

Re: WTN: Kenwood Cabernet Sauvignon 1993.

by Bob Ross » Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:11 pm

It's certainly a lovely vineyard and winery with really nice art which fits the surroundings and the buildings beautifully. I'm starting to drink up a couple of cases of Sonoma wine gathered during a visit seven years ago and a few collected since.