I'm back

The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

Moderators: Jenise, David M. Bueker, Robin Garr

I'm back

Postby David M. Bueker » Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:14 pm

Hey gang,

Just a note to say I am back from the two week sojourn in the Canadian Rockies. Not much wine content on the trip, but Laura is on a Port kick, so that's good.

I had only a couple of wines on the trip, a Taylor Fladgate 30-year old Tawny that was very good, and a 2000 Fonseca LBV that was good, but in need of air.

The hiking was great. We had lots of snow, and there's so many photos (about 2800) that I do not know how I am going to organize them.

Talk to you all soon.

David
There behind the glass lies a real blade of grass. Be careful as you pass. Move along. Move along.
David M. Bueker
Riesling Guru

Re: I'm back

Postby Bill Buitenhuys » Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:16 pm

Welcome back, David! Glad you and Laura had lots of fun.
Seeya soon.
Bill Buitenhuys
Wine guru

Postby Bob Ross » Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:18 pm

Welcome back, David. I'm scheduled to learn about Riesling in a couple of weeks and it's great to know a world class adviser is back in the house. :-)
Bob Ross
Wine guru

Postby Robin Garr » Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:24 pm

Welcome back, David! I hope once you get the pics organized you'll share some of the best. :)
Robin Garr
Forum Janitor

Postby David M. Bueker » Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:50 pm

Robin Garr wrote:Welcome back, David! I hope once you get the pics organized you'll share some of the best. :)

Nah. I'm just going to swamp the internet with all of them. Editing is too much work.
There behind the glass lies a real blade of grass. Be careful as you pass. Move along. Move along.
David M. Bueker
Riesling Guru

Postby Jenise » Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:09 pm

Welcome home. Oh, and take off those darned boots, you're getting dirt on our carpet.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
Jenise
FLDG Dishwasher

Postby David M. Bueker » Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:07 pm

Jenise wrote:Welcome home. Oh, and take off those darned boots, you're getting dirt on our carpet.

That's not dirt. It's mud.
David M. Bueker
Riesling Guru

Postby Bob Parsons Alberta » Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:51 pm

David M. Bueker wrote:
Jenise wrote:Welcome home. Oh, and take off those darned boots, you're getting dirt on our carpet.

Yeah, you can`t beat the good old Alberta mud. Around here, it`s looking real good right now!!

http://www.1976design.com/blog/images/162b.jpg
Bob Parsons Alberta
aka Doris

Postby David M. Bueker » Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:03 pm

Now that's mud...

We didn't have any like that. Actually it wasn't that muddy. It was mostly snowy.

Like this:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/rieslingfans@sbcglobal.net/detail?.dir=1d81re2&.dnm=79adre2.jpg&.src=ph
David M. Bueker
Riesling Guru

Postby James Roscoe » Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:24 pm

Bob Parsons Alberta. wrote:
David M. Bueker wrote:

Yeah, you can`t beat the good old Alberta mud. Around here, it`s looking real good right now!!

http://www.1976design.com/blog/images/162b.jpg

Bob,
Is that a current picture? Is your season really that far advanced? WOW! I can't imagine. It's still summer here in Maryland.
Cheers!
James
.....we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain -- that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom -- and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth. A. Lincoln
James Roscoe
Chat Prince

Return to The Wine Forum