The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.
Moderators: Jenise, David M. Bueker, Robin Garr
STN = syrup tasting note:
Posted from CellarTracker
- N.V. Williams & Humbert Jerez-Xérès-Sherry Don Guido 20 YO Rare Old Sweet Pedro Ximenez Solera Especial - Spain, Andalucía, Jerez-Xérès-Sherry (9/22/2006)
The 18% alcohol is noticable, which is a big minus on my part. But otherwise everything is lovely: there is a savoury edge to the nose reminding me of a good cuban cigar just out of a humidor - so it's not all about figs and raisins! I love it despite the alcohol. It is so thick and sweet one almost needs to use a fork and knife to cut it out of the glass, yet still the palate is harmonious! I like it.
- Posts: 4058
- Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:07 pm
- Location: Helsinki, Finland
Now this is a sherry that I can relate to. Thanks, Otto.
- Wine guru
- Posts: 1510
- Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:47 pm
- Location: Phoenix metro
Thanks for the tasting notes, Otto! I'm enjoying learning more on this topic. :cool:
- Ultra geek
- Posts: 246
- Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:11 pm
- Location: N. of the equator
Return to The Wine Forum
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: ChaimShraga, Doug Surplus, Google [Bot] and 13 guests