The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

Sunday Chat in about two hours ...

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Robin Garr

Rank

Forum Janitor

Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:44 pm

Louisville, KY

Sunday Chat in about two hours ...

by Robin Garr » Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:02 pm

Two hours from the time stamp on this post, that is, in other words 4 p.m. US Eastern, 1 p.m. Pacific, 2000 GMT and 22:00 in Western Europe, in The WLDG Chat Room. Fill your glass and join us then!
Last edited by Robin Garr on Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

Rank

Forum Janitor

Louisville, KY

Re: Sunday Chat in about two hours ...

by Robin Garr » Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:13 pm

Chat's on! Come on in!
no avatar
User

RonicaJM

Rank

Ultra geek

Sun Aug 27, 2006 7:43 pm

Dallas, TX

by RonicaJM » Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:16 pm

Could not enter, bummer! :cry:
In vino veritas...
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

Rank

Forum Janitor

Louisville, KY

by Robin Garr » Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:50 pm

Ronica, what happens when you try? The Chat software requires Java, and if your Web browser's privacy settings are configured too tightly, they may not accept it.
no avatar
User

DebA

Rank

Ultra geek

Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:11 am

N. of the equator

by DebA » Sun Sep 10, 2006 6:05 pm

Robin Garr wrote:Chat's on! Come on in!

I was there, Robin...my first time, yeah! What a fun bunch of people! I've learned that BenRo and Otto are brilliant, although I am not supposed to let them know that I suspect this :) Otto provided me with a recommendation for sherry that I will be trying out when friends visit soon. They discussed wine on a level I am ill-equipped to converse on. Bob is apparently a retired weather-guesser and I suspect that he, Alex, David, Julia and James have a good time wherever they are :) I learned that Anders resides in Sweden and, like me, enjoys venison and appreciates the beauty of the year 1954 :) Everyone was very welcoming and I thank you one and all. Vanja dropped in from Croatia and attempted serious discussion with BenRo which was too deep for me but he was very studious and nice. I hope he receives a top grade in his wine studies! I understand from Julia that there is also a discussion on Wednesday evenings, is that correct? Ronica, hopefully, you will be able to make it in next time! :cool:
no avatar
User

James Roscoe

Rank

Chat Prince

Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:43 pm

D.C. Metro Area - Maryland

by James Roscoe » Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:13 pm

Deborah, that was a fairly typical chat. We go all over the place. I love the international flavor. I'm sorry I missed Otto. We get a litle silly (I'm afraid I'm a main culprit) but we do try to keep it light. There is always room for a serious discussion. We just don't take ourselves too seriously.
no avatar
User

DebA

Rank

Ultra geek

N. of the equator

by DebA » Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:56 pm

James Roscoe wrote:Deborah, that was a fairly typical chat. We go all over the place. I love the international flavor. I'm sorry I missed Otto. We get a litle silly (I'm afraid I'm a main culprit) but we do try to keep it light. There is always room for a serious discussion. We just don't take ourselves too seriously.

I enjoyed the international flavor too, James. Isn't this internet age wonderful? A little silliness is a very important component to living life to its fullest, no worries. I try to avoid taking myself too seriously ;) and I suspect you could all teach me a great deal if I had a serious question to ask. It was a great time.
:cool:
no avatar
User

Saina

Rank

Musaroholic

Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:07 pm

Helsinki, Finland

by Saina » Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:05 pm

Deborah!

Nice meeting you in chat! I hope you post on the Sherry (I think I recommended Gonzales-Byass Apostoles Palo Cortado?)

James, I'm never silly in chat. In fact I'm as serious as Tuppy (Jeeves & Wooster reference for those poor, poor people who've never seen the series).
I don't drink wine because of religious reasons ... only for other reasons.
no avatar
User

RonicaJM

Rank

Ultra geek

Sun Aug 27, 2006 7:43 pm

Dallas, TX

by RonicaJM » Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:09 pm

Robin,

it said I need java and I am even more of a computer illiterate than a wine one, so, I don't have high hopes of figuring it out. I use AOL if that tells you anything.
In vino veritas...
no avatar
User

DebA

Rank

Ultra geek

N. of the equator

by DebA » Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:13 pm

Otto Nieminen wrote:Deborah!

Nice meeting you in chat! I hope you post on the Sherry (I think I recommended Gonzales-Byass Apostoles Palo Cortado?)

James, I'm never silly in chat. In fact I'm as serious as Tuppy (Jeeves & Wooster reference for those poor, poor people who've never seen the series).

It was very nice to have met you as well, Otto! Thank you so much for reposting the recommendation you provided for sherry; that was very thoughtful of you. I did manage to note it while in the chat room, but wondered if I had written it down correctly. I will definitely be purchasing some for our friends when they arrive in October and trust they will be very pleased. I am looking forward to trying it myself and will do my best to convey everyone's impressions to you. Thanks again! :cool:
no avatar
User

James Roscoe

Rank

Chat Prince

Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:43 pm

D.C. Metro Area - Maryland

by James Roscoe » Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:38 pm

Otto Nieminen wrote:James, I'm never silly in chat. In fact I'm as serious as Tuppy (Jeeves & Wooster reference for those poor, poor people who've never seen the series).

Otto, I would never accuse you of being silly but I will taunt you if you don't admit to knowing all the words to Monty Python and the Holy Grail!