The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: Predictable Selections

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Rahsaan

Rank

Wild and Crazy Guy

Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:20 pm

New York, NY

WTN: Predictable Selections

by Rahsaan » Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:05 pm

Looks like somebody paid a visit to Chambers..

2004 Domaine de l'Ecu Muscadet Expression de Granit
Inside this has a kernel of a hard red berry leaf that then broadens out into a slightly nutty roasted structure, but the dominant sensation is the fact that this is so silver slippery elegant that it caresses the mouth into rapture from the moment it is poured.

2004 Eric Texier Cotes du Rhone Brezeme
Opens high in acid but fine and floral. It has nice potential with juicy baconey florals and a fine knit-ness, but seemed a bit confused to me with different structures and that acid bite. Perhaps it needs more time?

2005 Domaine de la Pepiere Muscadet
Creamy and crisp. Something to chew on and something to slip over the tongue. Very nice.

2005 Domaine de la Pepiere VdPdJdF Cuvee Granit
Yes please, may I have some more? (Although if you must know, it was juicy ripe crisp and lovely, with such vigor and freshness. But the main point is really that you do want some more)

2002 C&P Breton Bourgueil Clos Senechal
This was a bit disappointing, sweaty and funky stuff clouded over the fruit and didn't really dissapate with air. Underneath you could feel the nice firm structure and the clear joyous fruit, but that funky stuff was a bit ruinous for me, consistent across two bottles, and I don't remember it from previous bottles, so perhaps it is a wrong-headed stage?