The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: 1982 Camensac- punching above its weight

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Dale Williams

Rank

Compassionate Connoisseur

Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:32 pm

Dobbs Ferry, NY (NYC metro)

WTN: 1982 Camensac- punching above its weight

by Dale Williams » Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:10 pm

So I lefthouse at 4AM Sunday, got to Sacramento late morning. After a wineless dinner with in-laws,we popped over to Arv and Jenn's new house in downtown Sacramento .Theu had just finished cross country drive,and furniture and winewere to arrive today. He had said we'd have to drink from plastic cups,I thought about buying stemware,but since it was arriving today we just brought flowers and an inexpensive Ridge from supermarket.

Lovely house,and then Arv brought out the 1982 Camensac. If I'd have known,I would have bought the glasses. But the plastic was actually fine,and the wine showed very well. Very sweet red plum and cassis fruit, lots of cedar,resolved tannins. Totally mature,drinking very well, delicious. Having a good vino buddy in town makes me more likely to visit the in-laws! B+/A-
no avatar
User

R Cabrera

Rank

Wine guru

Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:14 pm

NYC

Re: WTN: 1982 Camensac- punching above its weight

by R Cabrera » Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:02 pm

Dale,

Thanks for the note and, especially, for the update on Arv and Jenn. It’s good to see that they’re starting to settle in. Plastic cups or even quaffing straight from the bottle, for me it’ll always be quality time when spent with Arv/Jenn. I hope you and Betsy are enjoying your West Coast trip, as well.

I’m always glad to learn a lowly-classified growth, such as the Camensac, performing well through a long aging curve, especially as I also buy these stuff, albeit and regretfully not the 1982. I’m also assuming that bottle provenance would play a large part in the bottle’s performance.

RC
Ramon Cabrera