The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: Lovely Beaujolais

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Saina

Rank

Musaroholic

Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:07 pm

Helsinki, Finland

WTN: Lovely Beaujolais

by Saina » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:50 pm

• 2008 Domaine des Terres Dorées (Jean-Paul Brun) Beaujolais Blanc - France, Burgundy, Beaujolais (9/22/2009)

12% abv; sadly at 18,90€ not the bargain here that it seems to be elsewhere. But it is a delightful, unoaked wine! The scent is very pure and mineral with some apple and white flower aromas. Though I enjoyed the '07, I think the '08 is better because the buttery, malolactic aromas aren't as strong so the purity of the grape is more obvious. Paradoxically both light as a feather and substantial at the same time. Refreshing, crisp and balanced palate: all the parts are so well integrated to each other that there is no point in distancing the fruit from the structure as is the norm with the TN genre. One of the highest evaporation rates I have experienced.
Posted from CellarTracker

What's with the labels? Is the one posted from CellarTracker only used in the US market? Is the one in my post the same as the one without the word "classic" on it? I was under the impression that Brun made only one Chardonnay so why so many labels?
I don't drink wine because of religious reasons ... only for other reasons.
no avatar
User

Peter May

Rank

Pinotage Advocate

Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:24 am

Snorbens, England

Re: WTN: Lovely Beaujolais

by Peter May » Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:09 pm

Otto Nieminen wrote: [ What's with the labels?

CT lists vintages from 1998. The label posted from CT doesn't show a vintage. Probably they've changed thelabel over the years.
no avatar
User

Dale Williams

Rank

Compassionate Connoisseur

Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:32 pm

Dobbs Ferry, NY (NYC metro)

Re: WTN: Lovely Beaujolais

by Dale Williams » Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:00 pm

The lower label (with Terre Dorees up the side) is what my 2008 looks like, and I think its been the same for quite a while, I've been buying sunce 2000 or 2001 vintaqe, don't recognize other label.