The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: Nice CA Rose with dinner

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Tom N.

Rank

Wine guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:17 pm

Soo, Ont.

WTN: Nice CA Rose with dinner

by Tom N. » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:10 pm

Deep pink color almost watermelon red. Luscious fruity nose that shouts: Strawberries! Delicious and balanced midpalate of juicy strawberries and red raspberries, crisp and refreshing acidity with smooth tannins. Nice medium to long finish of bright red fruit and and tingly tannins.

With food: Great with kraut runzas (recipe posted in food lovers) spread with dijon mustard. The food brings out the fruit and calms the acidity of the wine. Nice complement to the dijon. Great food wine and nice sipper too.

Compare with my previous tasting note http://www.wineloverspage.com/forum/village/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=24014&p=205620#p205475

Wine: Tablas Creek 2008 Rose 14.5% abv.
Tom Noland
Good sense is not common.
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Re: WTN: Nice CA Rose with dinner

by Jenise » Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:35 am

I presume you recognize Tablas Creek as the California property of the famed Perrin family of the Southern Rhone, owners of Beaucastel? Nice note, sounds like the heat (actually, for Paso, 14.5% is relatively low alcohol) didn't interfere with your enjoyment.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Tom N.

Rank

Wine guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:17 pm

Soo, Ont.

Re: WTN: Nice CA Rose with dinner

by Tom N. » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:21 pm

Jenise wrote:I presume you recognize Tablas Creek as the California property of the famed Perrin family of the Southern Rhone, owners of Beaucastel? Nice note, sounds like the heat (actually, for Paso, 14.5% is relatively low alcohol) didn't interfere with your enjoyment.

Hi Jenise,

I did not detect much heat in this wine. It was nicely balanced with really nice fruit and refreshing acidity. However, I am not as sensitive to alcohol heat as some, like my brother Bob.
Tom Noland
Good sense is not common.