The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: Two With Dinner...(short/boring)

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

TomHill

Rank

Here From the Very Start

Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:01 pm

WTN: Two With Dinner...(short/boring)

by TomHill » Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:49 pm

Tried these last night w/ my peanut butter & tofu samwich:
1. DubostRanch Chard PasoRobles (14.4%; 75 cs; www.DubostWine.com) 2008: Med.light gold color; very attractive melony/Chard slight chalky/minerally light toasted/caramel/oak very attractive nose; fairly tart bright/spicy/nutmeg melony/Chard light caramel/toasty/oak light minerally/chalky lovely flavor; rather long spicy/nutmeg/melony/Chard light toasty/caramel/oak/smokey light minerally/chalky finish; one of the best PR Chards I've had; similar in style to the TablasCreek; it has a bright acidity & minerality and quite interesting. $25.00
2. SonomaVnyds Syrah SonomaCnty (13.8%) 2007: Very dark color; fairly strong blackberry/boysenberry/Syrah bit plummy/licorice fairly attractive nose; soft somewhat tannic/bitter/harsh light blackberry/licorice/Syrah slight plummy/spicy flavor; med.short hard/tannic/bitter/harsh light blackberry/Syrah/licorice finish; a rather attractive nose but a bit too harsh/bitter on the palate for my taste; decent wine for the price, though. $9.00
1. I ordered some of the Dubost wines on the rec of MaryBaker. I was particularly interested in their Negrette. Couldn't wait to try one, so cracked this Chard. Was pretty impressed w/ the wine. It shows a minerality that I only usually find in the TablasCreek wines. I find many Paso Chards tend to be on the soft/fat side. This one was not at all like that. Look forward to trying their other wines.
Tom