The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: Oz sparkler, Chile Rose, Rioja, Ice Wine and Italians

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Jay Labrador

Rank

J-Lab's in da house!

Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:34 am

Manila, Philippines

WTN: Oz sparkler, Chile Rose, Rioja, Ice Wine and Italians

by Jay Labrador » Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:36 pm

Matthew Lang Extra Brut - Not bad but a little bitter on the finish.

Pighin Pinot Grigio Friuli 2007 - Very light and watery. Not my type.

Planeta Alastro 2006 - Medium gold. Looks like a dessert wine. Rich but crisp. Some lychee and nut flavors. Not bad.

Torres Chile Santa Digna Cabernet Sauvignon Rose 2009 - A very dark rose. Johnny said it looks like grenadine syrup. Candy-like nose and flavor. Rather heavy and juicy. Impressive length. I'm sure this is a polarizing style although I thought it was pretty good.

Ca del Baio Nebbiolo 2004 - Very slight brown on the rim. Good fruit on the nose and palate. Leather and tobacco. A modern, easy style of Nebbiolo. Good.

Palacios Remondo Vendimia Rioja 2008 - Lots of ripe berry on the nose. Juicy and meaty. Delicious and very ready to drink.

Ruffino Chianti CLassico Riserva Ducale Oro 2001 - Nice nose. Dry, a little herbal. Some raspberry syrup. Still tannic. Needs a bit more time I think.

Leonardo Chianti Classico Riserva 2005 - Lightish and watery on the finish. Weak and hollow.

Iniskillin Oak Aged Vidal Ice Wine - Not sure of the vintage. Rich, honeyed, caramel and brown sugar. Very nice.
Three be the things I shall never attain:
Envy, content, and sufficient champagne.