The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

Two Italians from the Veneto!

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Richard Fadeley OLD

Rank

Ultra geek

Tue May 09, 2006 10:42 pm

Two Italians from the Veneto!

by Richard Fadeley OLD » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:38 pm

Over the weekend we played around with two nice wine from Ca' Montini, the Ca' Montini '07 Pinot Grigio and their Ca' Montini Prosecco. Both seemed to be above average for the style. The Prosecco would not be confused with Champagne, or even a good Cava, but it was refreshing and "on point" as a Prosecco should be. Did not keep overnight, so drink up, though that should not be problem. We served with Crenshaw melon and proscuitto, and it was very nice. The Pinot Grigio was aromatic, with a pronounced earthiness which I found pleasant (12.5% ABV). Sourced from Trentino, something I find desirable, and it showed a more refined side of this grape. At first I thought it was from the Macon--I often equate good Pinot Grigio with a Macon-Village, or even a Petit Chablis. It was perfect with home-made chicken salad and fresh tomatoes. I will look for more. These should sell for around $11-$13 dollars and would be fun wines at those prices.
Richard Fadeley, CWS
aka Webwineman