The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: Remy Three Wives Red, Oregon, 2007

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Hoke

Rank

Achieving Wine Immortality

Sat Apr 15, 2006 1:07 am

Portland, OR

WTN: Remy Three Wives Red, Oregon, 2007

by Hoke » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:06 pm

Remy Three Wives Red 2007 from the Willamette Valley. Wow! We were both impressed by this wine, a heady blend of 50% Syrah, 13% Sangiovese, and 37% Lagrein. Yes, I said Lagrein! (I know, I know; I was surprised to find Lagrein in the Pacific Northwest too. I can rarely find it here from its original home in northern Italy.) Those three make for a wonderful blend, with the Syrah giving some basic body and blueberry fruit, the Sangiovese giving some racy acidity and structure and dusty cherry, and the Lagrein delivering a wallop of black fruit (think big, fat, black plums), black pepper, herbs and earthiness. We liked it enough we went out the next day and found a couple of bottles on a local retailer’s shelf. We’ll be drinking a lot of this stuff! My suggestion is to find some if you can (and apparently you can order it via the internet from some outfit in Corvallis; you should do so. Word.)

Note: Apparently the blend changes each year? .....because the 2006 is totally different, and does not have the Lagrein in it. Just be aware of that if you're ordering any.
no avatar
User

ChefJCarey

Rank

Wine guru

Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:06 pm

Noir Side of the Moon

Re: WTN: Remy Three Wives Red, Oregon, 2007

by ChefJCarey » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:22 pm

Yeah, Linda Lindsay, Howie, his son Peter, Alice and I tasted this when Howie was visiting. She shares space with Sol et Soleil right in downtown McMinnville. The one with the Lagrein. Most of us liked it.

The Sol et Soleil folks started with Linda.

That same day we also tasted some of the library Eyries. So we got to taste some of David Lett's wines alongside some of son Jason's.
Rex solutus est a legibus - NOT