The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

Orlando wine shops?

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Mark Lipton

Rank

Oenochemist

Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:18 pm

Indiana

Orlando wine shops?

by Mark Lipton » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:06 am

Will be traveling to Orlando next week to join the celebration of M-I-L's 80th. While there, we have been charged with bringing the wines to a dinner and I would really rather not lug them from here for various reasons. Anyone know of a decent wine store or two in Orlando? We'll be staying in a Hyatt (I think) near to Disney in case that matters.

[Robin et al: if this more properly belongs in Wine Travel, feel free to move it]

Mark Lipton
no avatar
User

Zachary Clough

Rank

Just got here

Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:50 pm

Re: Orlando wine shops?

by Zachary Clough » Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:41 pm

This may be a bit of a drive from disney but the Wine Room in Winterpark is worth the trip. Winterpark is a picturesque central Florida town away from the Tourist traps of the Disney Area. This is a great place to be able to try a number of wines from their massive cruvinet system before deciding which to purchase. Cheers!
"Welcome to The Wine Room on Park Avenue, in Winter Park, Florida. Here, in this unique combination of wine bar and wine shop, buying and tasting wine becomes a completely involving experience. Our state-of-the-art Enomatic dispensing system allows you to sample up to 150 wines in 1, 2.5 or 5 ounce portions. Then, when you find one or more that you prefer, you may purchase your wine by the bottle, and/or sip your selections in a cozy setting of leather sofas and armchairs. While you’re relaxing, you can complement your wine choices with a selection of hand-crafted meats and cheeses. Let The Wine Room be your guide as you explore the delectable and delightful world of wine by the glass or by the bottle."
“I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.” -Frank Sinatra
no avatar
User

Zachary Clough

Rank

Just got here

Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:50 pm

by Zachary Clough » Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:42 pm

Here is their link www.thewineroomonline.com
“I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.” -Frank Sinatra
no avatar
User

Mark Lipton

Rank

Oenochemist

Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:18 pm

Indiana

by Mark Lipton » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:41 pm

Zachary Clough wrote:Here is their link www.thewineroomonline.com

Thanks for the info. I've actually been to Winter Park before, and it's not too far by my standards.

Mark Lipton