The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

Scherrer zinfandel

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Bob Henrick

Rank

Kamado Kommander

Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:35 pm

Lexington, Ky.

Scherrer zinfandel

by Bob Henrick » Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:18 pm

I am not familiar with the subject wine, and am offered a price on a case of it. Not being a really big zin fan, I don't keep up on what is hot, and what is not. :-) So if anyone here knows this wine, I would appreciate hearing it's pro's and con's. Thanks in advance.
Bob Henrick
no avatar
User

Lou Kessler

Rank

Doesn't buy green bananas

Fri Mar 24, 2006 3:20 pm

Re: Scherrer zinfandel

by Lou Kessler » Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:23 pm

Bob Henrick wrote:I am not familiar with the subject wine, and am offered a price on a case of it. Not being a really big zin fan, I don't keep up on what is hot, and what is not. :-) So if anyone here knows this wine, I would appreciate hearing it's pro's and con's. Thanks in advance.

Bob, I would taste it first. They have made some very good Zins and some just so so. It depends on the vintage. Maybe if you wrote exactly which one somebody might have tasted it already.
no avatar
User

Bob Henrick

Rank

Kamado Kommander

Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:35 pm

Lexington, Ky.

by Bob Henrick » Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:38 pm

Lou Kessler wrote:Bob, I would taste it first. They have made some very good Zins and some just so so. It depends on the vintage. Maybe if you wrote exactly which one somebody might have tasted it already.

I will do that Lou as soon as I know the vintages. My thinking right off the bat is that I am really not interested. My favorite zin is Nalle, but Doug has priced them beyond what I will pay. I can still get Lytton Springs (Ridge) for a double sawbuck and it doesn't get much better than that for the money. Hey! Why not jump on the band wagon and attend what could be the last Mo'Cool the middle of this month?
Bob Henrick
no avatar
User

Jon Leifer

Rank

Wine guru

Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:34 pm

by Jon Leifer » Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:06 pm

Bob..need to check out which zin as well, not just the vintage..Fred makes several different zins..His Old and Mature Vines zin can be quite nice..No experience with his pricier zins
Jon