The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: Texier St. Joseph VV "La Croix" 2005

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Saina

Rank

Musaroholic

Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:07 pm

Helsinki, Finland

WTN: Texier St. Joseph VV "La Croix" 2005

by Saina » Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:48 pm

Éric Texier* St. Joseph Vieilles Vignes "La Croix" 2005

12,5% abv. This continues to get better and better. It has been about half a year since my previous bottle, and though I remember that to have been open and pleasurable, this bottle is even more so. A lovely, elegant, pure scent of Syrah: dark fruit, dark olives, minerality, and some of that slightly gamy/meaty aroma I love in the grape. Ripe fruit, but not the lusciousness verging on over-ripeness that many 2005s seem to have, but rather it is an elegant, racy, palate-cleansing, nervy wine. Extremely enjoyable already, though it is young. Excellent.

And just to underline what is in my sig, I do work for the Finnish importer of Texier, so this is obviously just spam (though I don't work with actual wine, but rather bookkeeping) and therefore no one should take my note seriously...
I don't drink wine because of religious reasons ... only for other reasons.
no avatar
User

James Dietz

Rank

Wine guru

Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:45 pm

Orange County, California

Re: WTN: Texier St. Joseph VV "La Croix" 2005

by James Dietz » Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:46 pm

Otto.. but maybe, just maybe, you do the bookkeeping with a bottle by your side....

I'm a big fan of Texier wines.. but have not had this one.. thanx for the insightful note...
Cheers, Jim
no avatar
User

Saina

Rank

Musaroholic

Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:07 pm

Helsinki, Finland

by Saina » Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:37 pm

James Dietz wrote:Otto.. but maybe, just maybe, you do the bookkeeping with a bottle by your side....

I'm a big fan of Texier wines.. but have not had this one.. thanx for the insightful note...

I wish I did do that with a bottle by my side as the endless excel-tables required by the bureaucracy are mind-numbing and something joyful on the side might make working a bit more fun. On the other hand, alcohol can be mind-numbing, too, and sadly, I don't think two mind-numbings cancel each other.

I haven't seen any notes on this from the usual suspects who are Texier fans, so I wonder if it is imported into the States at all? I would have guessed so, as the only other note I have seen apart from mine, is from Lyle Fass's Rocksss and Fruit.
I don't drink wine because of religious reasons ... only for other reasons.
no avatar
User

James Dietz

Rank

Wine guru

Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:45 pm

Orange County, California

by James Dietz » Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:48 pm

As you know, your are.. or rather were.. the only one with a bottle of this on CT. And there are no other vintages listed. So.. I don't think this gets around much...
Cheers, Jim