The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

Cote Rote at Chambers st. wines

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Bob Henrick

Rank

Kamado Kommander

Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:35 pm

Lexington, Ky.

Cote Rote at Chambers st. wines

by Bob Henrick » Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:14 pm

I got my weekly email from Chambers today and they are selling a CR wine that I have not heard of before. It is the Duclaux, Benjamin et David 2001 Cote Rotie and the price is $24.99. Now that price would be a no brainer with some better known CR's but having no idea about this one, I am asking. Thanks for telling. :-)
Bob Henrick
no avatar
User

Mark Lipton

Rank

Oenochemist

Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:18 pm

Indiana

Re: Cote Rote at Chambers st. wines

by Mark Lipton » Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:17 pm

Bob Henrick wrote:I got my weekly email from Chambers today and they are selling a CR wine that I have not heard of before. It is the Duclaux, Benjamin et David 2001 Cote Rotie and the price is $24.99. Now that price would be a no brainer with some better known CR's but having no idea about this one, I am asking. Thanks for telling. :-)

I've never heard of it, either, Bob, and I'm away from my Livingstone-Learmonth right now, but if David Lillie is selling it, I'd guess that it's better than a kick to the head. :lol:

Mark Lipton
no avatar
User

Bob Parsons Alberta

Rank

aka Doris

Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:09 pm

by Bob Parsons Alberta » Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:40 pm

no avatar
User

R Cabrera

Rank

Wine guru

Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:14 pm

NYC

by R Cabrera » Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:35 pm

I've had the 99 and the 2003 versions of the B and D Duclaux Cote Rotie. They look to be slightly on the richer and fruitier side, the 2003 is actually drinking nicely now, while the last 1999 that I had about 2 years ago, while more traditional and leaner, seem to have hit it's best drinking days then. I recently bought a few of the 2003's at $25 per, and fwiw, Parker rated it at 93.
Ramon Cabrera
no avatar
User

Dale Williams

Rank

Compassionate Connoisseur

Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:32 pm

Dobbs Ferry, NY (NYC metro)

by Dale Williams » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:00 am

It's like $22.xx with mixed case discount, so I got 4. How wrong can one go with a 01 Cote Rotie from a very selective store?

Problem of course with CSW is if I get a sampler, by time I go back they're sold out of most. I missed out on more Bart rose, Quintessence Peybonhomme, CRB#2, etc. But still had fun choosing mixed case.