The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTNs: Poulsard v. Trousseau

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Oswaldo Costa

Rank

Wine guru

Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:30 am

São Paulo, Brazil

WTNs: Poulsard v. Trousseau

by Oswaldo Costa » Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:19 am

2005 Domaine Baud Père & Fils Cotes du Jura Poulsard 13.5%
Very light ruby. Sour cherry aroma. Good acid/sweet balance, very light tannins, finishing with a pleasant bitterness. Flavors are sweet cherry, with a dash of cloves. Nothing to email home about, but very enjoyable with food.

2005 Domaine Baud Père & Fils Cotes du Jura Trousseau 13.3%
Medium ruby. Attractive aromas of mature cherry and spice. Lively acidity, good weight in the mouth, finishing with a light and pleasant bitterness. Light green twig flavor adds a Burgundy note to the mix. Not complex, but elegant and satisfying.

I started this face-off with some bias in favor of Poulsard because of the two excellent Overnoys we had this year, but the Trousseau came out tops, for both Marcia and me, making me curious to investigate this grape some more (Brian is quite fond of it).
"I went on a rigorous diet that eliminated alcohol, fat and sugar. In two weeks, I lost 14 days." Tim Maia, Brazilian singer-songwriter.
no avatar
User

Brian K Miller

Rank

Passionate Arboisphile

Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:05 am

Northern California

Re: WTNs: Poulsard v. Trousseau

by Brian K Miller » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:12 am

Dagon, one of the "local" "Natural Wine" shop proprietors, recommended I drink up my 2005 Tissot Singulier (Trousseau) soon. He said their newish more extracted (due to the son, Stephane, taking over) style probably won't age...especially in my mediocre storage. :wink: So...look for a note to be posted soon!
...(Humans) are unique in our capacity to construct realities at utter odds with reality. Dogs dream and dolphins imagine, but only humans are deluded. –Jacob Bacharach