The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

Anyone in Tucson?

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Ryan M

Rank

Wine Gazer

Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:01 pm

Atchison, KS

Anyone in Tucson?

by Ryan M » Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:21 pm

Link to my post in Offline Planning:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=25424

This is time sensitive (pertaining to the next two weeks), so if you're in the Tucson area, please have a look.
"The sun, with all those planets revolving about it and dependent on it, can still ripen a bunch of grapes as if it had nothing else to do"
Galileo Galilei

(avatar: me next to the WIYN 3.5 meter telescope at Kitt Peak National Observatory)
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Re: Anyone in Tucson?

by Jenise » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:55 pm

Where's Doug Surplus? I think he's from them thar parts.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Bob Parsons Alberta

Rank

aka Doris

Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:09 pm

by Bob Parsons Alberta » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:49 pm

Good question, Jenise. Then there`s Bill B who moved there.
Too much shuffling around here of late.
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

by Jenise » Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:15 am

Bob Parsons Alberta. wrote:Good question, Jenise. Then there`s Bill B who moved there.

Bill moved to the Phonix area, not the same thing. Like the diff between Calgary and Edmonton, or worse.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Bob Parsons Alberta

Rank

aka Doris

Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:09 pm

by Bob Parsons Alberta » Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:38 am

Jenise wrote:
Bob Parsons Alberta. wrote:Good question, Jenise. Then there`s Bill B who moved there.

Bill moved to the Phonix area, not the same thing. Like the diff between Calgary and Edmonton, or worse.

Phonix? At least you cannot mis-spell Doris!
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

by Jenise » Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:59 am

Bob Parsons Alberta. wrote:
Jenise wrote:

Phonix? At least you cannot mis-spell Doris!

Oh really, Doeris? :wink:
no avatar
User

Doug Surplus

Rank

Wine guru

Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:17 am

Phoenix AZ

by Doug Surplus » Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:58 pm

I'm in Phonix :? as well, wherever that is. My familiarity with Tucson extends only to the seedy southeast side of town.
Doug

If God didn't want me to eat animals, why did He make them out of meat?
no avatar
User

Ryan M

Rank

Wine Gazer

Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:01 pm

Atchison, KS

by Ryan M » Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:50 pm

Well it just got a whole lot more interesting. There is a fire on the slopes of Kitt Peak, and the mountain has been evacuated, and the current estimate is that it will be closed for at least the next 4 days. So, unless my research advisor tells me to just come back home, I am now stuck in Tucson with basically an unlimited amount of time on my hands. Driving to Phoenix is not completely out of the question at this point, although I still probably ought to stay close unless the situation changes.

Doug, I don't believe you and I have interacted a great deal, but I'd certainly not mind meeting a forum member face to face. Caveat: my grad student means are limited (so I can't splurge on a restaurant), and being away from home, I have nothing at my disposal. But, if you have any ideas, let me know. Send me a PM or email.
"The sun, with all those planets revolving about it and dependent on it, can still ripen a bunch of grapes as if it had nothing else to do"
Galileo Galilei

(avatar: me next to the WIYN 3.5 meter telescope at Kitt Peak National Observatory)