The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: 2008 Enrique Foster "Ique" Malbec

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Oswaldo Costa

Rank

Wine guru

Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:30 am

São Paulo, Brazil

WTN: 2008 Enrique Foster "Ique" Malbec

by Oswaldo Costa » Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:36 pm

2008 Enrique Foster "Ique" Malbec Lujan de Cuyo 14.0%
http://www.bodegafoster.com/ is owned by Spaniard and Manhattan resident Enrique Foster whose nickname is Ique. The winery only makes malbecs, and the site says "Our objective is nothing less than to produce the best Malbec in Argentina - which is to say the best in the world." Good luck to him! This is his entry level malbec and sees no oak. Aroma is simple but elegant cherry with a hint of tar. Quite juicy, with good acid/sweet balance and light tannins. Deserves credit for using grapes that are not over-ripe; correspondingly, the acidity appears natural. At under $10, decent QPR, though I can't say I got any hedonistic pleasure out of it, only the intellectual pleasure of finding something correct.
"I went on a rigorous diet that eliminated alcohol, fat and sugar. In two weeks, I lost 14 days." Tim Maia, Brazilian singer-songwriter.
no avatar
User

dposner

Rank

Wine geek

Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:27 pm

Rye, New York

Re: WTN: 2008 Enrique Foster "Ique" Malbec

by dposner » Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:22 pm

Full disclosure: We have sold this wine
Full disclosure: I am not a fan. For the money, I guess it is okay, but in the $10ish range, there is better wine out there, IMO, although, for me, the Argentina "sweetspot" is $15-20!
Critics hate Criticism!