The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

Start the office pool ...

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Gary Barlettano

Rank

Pappone di Vino

Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:50 pm

In a gallon jug far, far away ...

Start the office pool ...

by Gary Barlettano » Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:42 pm

How long will he last this time?
Friedrich Nietzsche talks about "Der Wille zur Macht." I guess I ain't got none!

IMG_0329 copy.jpg

IMG_0328 copy.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
And now what?
no avatar
User

JuliaB

Rank

Woman of Mystery

Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:44 pm

Ohio

Re: Start the office pool ...

by JuliaB » Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:57 am

Oooh Gary..as they say in "Sideways" you should be spanked! :lol:

Good going..which winery?

Cuz
no avatar
User

Gary Barlettano

Rank

Pappone di Vino

by Gary Barlettano » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:07 am

JuliaB wrote:Oooh Gary..as they say in "Sideways" you should be spanked! :lol:
Good going..which winery?
Cuz

Thanks, cuz ... I haven't had a high success rate in the last two years, but at least I'll get a few sips out of the deal! Since I will not use the forums for free advertising (unless they (the winery) give me an adequate raise and better employee discount), I shall not blurt out where I am (especially since I might not be there by the time anybody gets there!!). But I did leave the winery's name visible on one bottle in one of the pics. Get out your magnifying glass.

You should come over and visit us on Facebook. I have lots of stupid pictures there! Even that Robin fellow who hangs around here is there.

http://www.facebook.com/gary.barlettano
And now what?
no avatar
User

Hoke

Rank

Achieving Wine Immortality

Sat Apr 15, 2006 1:07 am

Portland, OR

by Hoke » Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:12 pm

Well, anybody that shows up for work in a winery tasting room with a blindingly white shirt on is questionable to begin with.

I mean, chances of ending the day with an unblemished shirt are pretty slim; and if you do manage that, it'll probably look like you weren't working very hard, namean?

Still, this could be perfect for you: you like gabbing; you like dealing with people (even the idiots); you like wine and talking about wine. You like having an income.

This job thing could be a whole new thing for you. Pretty soon you'll be looking back on your recent spate of non-job time fondly---oh, say, much like you look back on surgery recovery or wisdom tooth extraction or protracted periods of periodontal excision.

(Seriously, dude: all the best in the latest venture.)
no avatar
User

Gary Barlettano

Rank

Pappone di Vino

by Gary Barlettano » Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:56 pm

Hoke wrote:Well, anybody that shows up for work in a winery tasting room with a blindingly white shirt on is questionable to begin with.

Thanks for the recognition of my laundering abilities! No stains to date. Except for the lack of income, unemployment is still my preferred modus vivendi, but the supply of wine kind of provides a balance in this instance. I poured at a place called the Gallery Market on Union Square yesterday. Fun to be in SF. Nice collection of wines and cool cellar ... although you'd never know it looking at the place from the outside.
And now what?