The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

`90 Heidsieck and raising money for womens shelters!

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Bob Parsons Alberta

Rank

aka Doris

Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:09 pm

`90 Heidsieck and raising money for womens shelters!

by Bob Parsons Alberta » Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:50 am

Saturday saw the first downtown street party organised by DeVines winestore, my fave wine joint. The store put on a tasting of 50 wines, all poured by the reps, and the entry fee of $15 was donated to local Alberta womens shelters. Over 400 tasters showed up from 3 till 9.30, so over $6,0000 was raised. To finish off the evening, I magically pulled out my last `90 Heidsieck for the hard-working staff to enjoy.

WTN: 1990 Charles Heidsieck Brut Millisieme.

Think this last bottle of 3 was well-stored in my cellar. "This vintage ranks as one of the 18 greatest".....Tom S quote.

The color was a dark traffic amber with hints of gold. Fine bubbles at this last stage of life.
"Very mature nose of baked apple with burnt sugar glaze" was one comment. Sherried was not far off either, but I thought still doughy and yeasty. You know us English...cellar the bugger!!
The palate was equally as interesting but overall this wine is showing a graceful decline. Nutty, oranges soaked in brandy, "some caramel" another thought. I thought the crew was quite impressed by the occasion and we soon moved onto some great international beers!!