The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: 2006 Domaine Chignard Fleurie Les Moriers

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Oswaldo Costa

Rank

Wine guru

Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:30 am

São Paulo, Brazil

WTN: 2006 Domaine Chignard Fleurie Les Moriers

by Oswaldo Costa » Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:46 am

2006 Domaine Chignard Fleurie Les Moriers 12.5%
A Kermit Lynch import. Bob (Hower) had a good experience with this the other day so I decided to check up on one of my last two bottles. Aroma from the bottleneck is quite lovely and deep. In the glass there is some serious dark raspberry (if raspberry can be serious) with a minerally and earthy ground and some pleasant funkiness. Like previous bottles, there is some secondary fermentation fizz which doesn't blow off as the bottle empties. Body is a bit on the light side, would like to see a little bit more mid-palate. In his wonderful book Adventures on the Wine Route, Kermit Lynch gets close to describing secondary (bottle) fermentation as a virtue because it can be one of the hallmarks of a natural wine. It doesn't bother Marcia but it gets in the way for me when it doesn't blow off quickly. Shrug, it's juicy and honest, but if I had wanted Lambrusco, I wudda got Lambrusco.
"I went on a rigorous diet that eliminated alcohol, fat and sugar. In two weeks, I lost 14 days." Tim Maia, Brazilian singer-songwriter.
no avatar
User

Bob Hower

Rank

Ultra geek

Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:58 pm

Louisville, KY

Re: WTN: 2006 Domaine Chignard Fleurie Les Moriers

by Bob Hower » Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:07 pm

It's clear we drank the same wine - your notes mirror my experience quite closely and are well articulated. In the past I have found secondary fermentation that didn't blow off to be a detriment. Somehow with a wine this likable, this feminine, this fragrant, this unserious, I was more forgiving than you. Perhaps if I had more (I wish I did) I would tire of it. Perhaps I should be drinking more Lambrusco. :D