The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: Bassermann Master

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

David M. Bueker

Rank

Riesling Guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:52 am

Connecticut

WTN: Bassermann Master

by David M. Bueker » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:20 pm

2002 Bassermann-Jordan Forster Jesuitengarten Riesling Kabinett
Drinking quite well now. Not a lot of added complexity from age, but more nuance and clarity with the loss of youthful fat. Good acidity and textural depth. It's easy to drink quite a lot of this wine in a short amount of time.
Decisions are made by those who show up
no avatar
User

Hoke

Rank

Achieving Wine Immortality

Sat Apr 15, 2006 1:07 am

Portland, OR

Re: WTN: Bassermann Master

by Hoke » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:05 pm

David M. Bueker wrote:2002 Bassermann-Jordan Forster Jesuitengarten Riesling Kabinett
Drinking quite well now. Not a lot of added complexity from age, but more nuance and clarity with the loss of youthful fat. Good acidity and textural depth. It's easy to drink quite a lot of this wine in a short amount of time.

Although I've fallen away from it in recent years, David, when I was fanatical about German wine, I was a big fan of B-J, and that region.

My first love was the M-S-R, for sure, but the B-J wines were always a delightful diversion, leaning more towards the peachy-apricoty side of things, with softer initial fruit and more earthiness. Richer, fatter (even with age). Good to see the style/terroir is intact. Thanks for the note.
no avatar
User

David M. Bueker

Rank

Riesling Guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:52 am

Connecticut

Re: WTN: Bassermann Master

by David M. Bueker » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:56 pm

The Jesuitengarten is a great terroir. Sadly they have gone to a nearly exclusive focus on Grosses Gewachs wines from this site.
Decisions are made by those who show up