The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: 2005 Guy Breton P'tit Max Morgon

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Oswaldo Costa

Rank

Wine guru

Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:30 am

São Paulo, Brazil

WTN: 2005 Guy Breton P'tit Max Morgon

by Oswaldo Costa » Tue May 26, 2009 6:45 am

2005 Guy Breton P'tit Max Morgon 13.0%

Low or no added SO2 (label says this should be stored below 14C). Drunk at room temperature (20C).

Wow, never has a bottle vanished so quickly in our household. Makes me embarrassed to have written, last year, that 500ml was the ideal size for us. We couldn't agree on the berry flavors (I say raspberry, Marcia says strawberry), but there was a lovely underpinning of cloves. Mouthfeel is outstandingly delicious: juicy, fresh, good body, delicious acidity, perfect balance. A welter-weight, but of Sugar Ray caliber. No complexity, no tannins (noble or plebeian), but one misses them not, so easy is this to drink, yet without a trace of vulgarity or affectation.

A beautiful expression of Beaujolais and something to seek out.
"I went on a rigorous diet that eliminated alcohol, fat and sugar. In two weeks, I lost 14 days." Tim Maia, Brazilian singer-songwriter.
no avatar
User

Rahsaan

Rank

Wild and Crazy Guy

Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:20 pm

New York, NY

Re: WTN: 2005 Guy Breton P'tit Max Morgon

by Rahsaan » Tue May 26, 2009 9:58 pm

Oswaldo Costa wrote:A beautiful expression of Beaujolais and something to seek out.

Sounds nice and is something I will have to do. I probably haven't given enough attention to Breton's wines.